Chit Chat

What Are You Watching?

We have a glorious 3 day weekend upon us but it's forecast to be a little bit miserable (last night was hailstones, ugh). Work has been pretty full on for the past two weeks so we just want to have a bit of a veg weekend and binge watch some TV. Any recommendations? We've just started watching The Bridge (the US version with Diane Kruger), but the acting is kind of terrible so we might have to give up.

Re: What Are You Watching?

• I binged on the first season of Mr Selfridge recently (I know, I'm a few years behind the times) and am looking forward to watching more over the long weekend. 

I also thought the Magicians was a lot of fun, and if you really want to get lost in TV (for much longer than this weekend), Orphan Black is great. Tatiana Masley is brilliant in it. 
  • Not familiar with The Bridge but if you like trashy reality there is nothing better than Vanderpump rules on Bravo.

• lnixon8 said:
    Not familiar with The Bridge but if you like trashy reality there is nothing better than Vanderpump rules on Bravo.
    I bloody love a bit of Vanderpump rules, but my FI would never entertain it! That is saved (alongside Teen Mom 2) for Tuesday nights when he has football.

• WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2016
    Started Daredevil season 2.  Finished House of Cards, Jessica Jones.  And always Survivor.  Jeff Probst is my tv boyfriend (one of many), and it was my classes are over for the week reward last semester.

ETA - Oh, and Outlander too 

• FI and I have been re-watching The Office lately and I really love House of Cards.
  • lnixon8 said:
    Not familiar with The Bridge but if you like trashy reality there is nothing better than Vanderpump rules on Bravo.
    I bloody love a bit of Vanderpump rules, but my FI would never entertain it! That is saved (alongside Teen Mom 2) for Tuesday nights when he has football.
    Right before we got engaged then-BF was watching teen mom 2 with me, and kind of whining about it. In the same episode he both a. corrected me when I was talking about aliana vs. aleah grace (gracie) and b.asked me to pause it for him to go to the bathroom. I could not stop laughing but he is hooked to this day!

• It's a little bit weird and quirky, but H & I love Last Man on Earth.  We don't have any of the subscription services, so I'm not sure where its available.  It is a Fox show.

• It's not until Wednesday, May 11, but WGN America will be running a marathon of Underground starting at 1pm, and it leads into the season finale. This show is so, SO good. I haven't watched this week's episode yet.
  • I just finished reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King... it was good.  So, I'm thinking that a good portion of this weekend will be spent binge watching the 11/22/63 mini-series on Hulu, which I've been told is definitely worth watching.

• @zitiqueen I haven't heard of underground, may have to check that out. Though I usually like to wait till there is an entire series, as we can blow through an entire one in a weekend if it sucks us in enough.

@princessleia22 I've seen a few ppl on here mention this book and how good it is. Even if I don't seek out the tv series I might have to download the book to check out.

• DH and I just started Game of Thrones last weekend. We're already almost done with season 2!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I love Call the Midwife. Also, Roswell is on Netflix and I am more than happy to relive the days when my teenage self used to WISH I was Liz Parker. 
  • If you have Amazon Prime, their show Bosch is really good.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Bingeing TBBT yet again. I already watched seasons 1-8 while job hunting in January. I started up again back in March. I am super pathetic but it makes me feel happy. It's like the TV equivalent of comfort food for me.

I also watch House MD on Netflix on my phone at various points throughout the day. About halfway through season 3. Started in February. I binged on this show with an ex back in 2008-9, I think we watched the first five or six seasons.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The Expanse is really good and I would highly recommend that. We just finished Magicians, that was a lot better than I expected and a bit of fun.
    SO and I are trying out Bob's Burgers since we have already watched Rick and Morty twice and need something to fill the gap. The Man in the High Castle was enjoyable and I really hope there's a second season! 
  • I'm watching The Amazing Race. I've never seen it but all seasons except the last couple are on Prime. I'm up to season 7. Honestly, watching it is showing me an uncomfortable look at myself and my relationship with H, seeing how the couples on there interact. I need to work on not nagging and criticizing him so much and trusting his judgement and decisions without questioning. 
  • I have never paid for HBO, so am catching up on some old shows.  Recently watched Six Feet Under, which I  loved, it was a brilliant show.  Now watching The Sopranos.  Both are kind of disturbing, but I have enjoyed both; and am embarrassed at how quickly I plowed through the seasons.  Six Feet Under in particular was very well done, and I don't believe there's been another show like it.  I was hooked from the first scene.
  • I have never paid for HBO, so am catching up on some old shows.  Recently watched Six Feet Under, which I  loved, it was a brilliant show.  Now watching The Sopranos.  Both are kind of disturbing, but I have enjoyed both; and am embarrassed at how quickly I plowed through the seasons.  Six Feet Under in particular was very well done, and I don't believe there's been another show like it.  I was hooked from the first scene.
    Be sure to check out Oz and The Wire as well. For The Wire, you need to watch the first five or six episodes in order to really understand what's going on. I always tell people that the first season isn't 13 hour-long episodes, it's more like a 13-hour-long movie.
  • zitiqueen said:
    I have never paid for HBO, so am catching up on some old shows.  Recently watched Six Feet Under, which I  loved, it was a brilliant show.  Now watching The Sopranos.  Both are kind of disturbing, but I have enjoyed both; and am embarrassed at how quickly I plowed through the seasons.  Six Feet Under in particular was very well done, and I don't believe there's been another show like it.  I was hooked from the first scene.
    Be sure to check out Oz and The Wire as well. For The Wire, you need to watch the first five or six episodes in order to really understand what's going on. I always tell people that the first season isn't 13 hour-long episodes, it's more like a 13-hour-long movie.
    We've been wanting to watch the Wire for a while now, but school has gotten in the way.  Perhaps we'll start this one quick if we can find it somewhere.  I think Crave carries it in Canada, so we'll have to sign up for the free trial month

• Supernatural 

Game of Thrones

@midnight (mmmmm...Chris Hardwick)

Just got BF hooked on Arrested Development 

And when BF is not around I binge on Little House and SATC

• Supernatural 

Game of Thrones

@midnight (mmmmm...Chris Hardwick)

Just got BF hooked on Arrested Development 

And when BF is not around I binge on Little House and SATC
    I got to watch some SATC on the airplane last month, which was awesome cos it was a short flight and there wasn't enough time for a full movie.  I miss that show.  But it did feel a little weird watching Samantha pass out giant dildos when other passengers could potentially walk by and see that.  I thought it was an interesting choice for options.  They had a whole range of HBO shows  

• The Fosters.  It's not a typical TV show to watch for me, but for some reason that I can't put my finger on, I love it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards