Honeymoon Discussions

Mexico Honeymoon.... scared of the Zika Virus

Is anyone else traveling to Mexico for their honeymoon?  We are going at the end of June and I am starting to panic a bit about the Zika Virus.  What is everyone else doing?

Re: Mexico Honeymoon.... scared of the Zika Virus

• There are a number of other threads on this board talking about this issue, I'd recommend reading some of them. But the gist of it is that you probably ought to talk to a doctor to understand any risks and how they could affect any plans you and your husband have. If you are pregnant or hope to become so soon, your physician may advise you to consider an alternate honeymoon location. If you are not pregnant, don't plan on it for a while, and using protection, however, you may okay, just liberally use bug spray nevertheless. 

Definitely talk to your doctor to figure out the specifics for yourself, however. Nobody here can give you a definitive yes or no on whether going is a good idea. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I just got back from Riviera Maya, Mexico. I'm usually a magnet for mosquito's and didn't have any issues. We stayed at Secrets Maroma Beach and they had these machines every where to prevent them and I know they had sprayed as well. The whole week we were there I saw a total of 2 mosquitos, both floating in one of the little pools. No one we spoke with had any issues either. 
    Good Luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards