New Jersey

Logistics For Wedding Day

Hey All,

Just trying to figure out some logistics for our wedding day next April 2017. It is a Friday night. We are probably staying the night before at the Hampton Inn Fairfield, where we have a hotel block for Friday as well. Our ceremony is at Il Tulipano at 6:30pm. Where should we take pictures/first look without running all over NJ? I am thinking maybe the limo picks me up for the first look, somehow get my fiance there too (maybe a private car), and then while we are taking some pics/first look, the limo goes back to the hotel where the rest of the bridal party should meet?

Re: Logistics For Wedding Day

• Where you take your photos is up to you.  I know Lambert's Castle is pretty close by there and a very popular destination for photos.

In terms of the limo picking everyone else up, again up to you and your bridal party to decide.  Luckily, you have some time to figure it out.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats! I just got married this past April and also used the Hampton Inn in Fairfield.  We did first look at Lambert's Castle before our ceremony and reception at the Westmount at 6pm.  We had small bridal parties- 4 for him and 3 for me so we opted to hire 2 6 person SUVs (the limo place uses them for airport pick ups or city drives usually) and that way we took our bridal party with us to the castle and we did first look alone and after took photos with the bridal party before going to the Westmount.  We felt this worked out easier for us as we had everyone together for photos- but we also had alone time for first look.  If you are doing multiple photographers (2 or 3) they could even send 1 to photograph the bridal party while you 2 are doing first look since you'll be steps away from each other.

We also didn't feel the need to take traditional photos in the limo or in front of the limo so the SUVs saved us time by moving everyone at once and also ended up being about 200-300 dollars cheaper than a 12-14 person limo for the same time frame.

• We got married last April and we did Lambert's Castle too. Our reveal was at the Castle around 3. The limo took the guys and the first photographer first and then got the girls and the second photographer. I arrived there around 3pm. did pictures and bridal party pictures there for about an hour and a half two hours. Went to the venue got more pictures and then family came got more pictures and then ceremony! 

Enjoy the day!
  • We just got married at il Tulipano on Friday and we stayed at the Hampton Inn. This is what we did: Bridal Party got ready at the Hampton Inn - we booked 2 suites for the night before so we had the room the day of.  We did the first look at the Hampton Inn - they have a courtyard with a fountain in the back.  We had a party bus pick us up from the hotel and the bridal party traveled to Verona Park for pictures (the park is 10 min from il Tulipano).  We took pictures and then the party bus took us to il Tulipano.  Hope this helps!
  • Thanks guys - I need to log on here more because I didn't see the replies. I've never even heard of Lambert's castle.. i'll have to check it out. I think I like the idea of first bringing the guys or girls and then going back for the other set. I don't want to bother with two limos or cars because i'd like for us all to be together after first look and go to the ceremony. I was thinking of doing family pictures right after the ceremony but I feel like that might cut too much into cocktail hour. I guess I still have time to think about it, lol.
  • another question - what about parents? I feel bad having my parents take the hotel shuttle to Il Tulipano for the ceremony. I feel like usually they are in the Limo - Is it weird if they come along with the BP to the park and all?
  • My grooms parents chose to drive themselves to the wedding venue so they arrived at a pre-agreed time (as we were doing all family photos before ceremony & reception). My parents were going to take the shuttle to the hotel post reception so after one of our SUV's dropped us off at Lambert's for photos, they ran back to the Hampton Inn & took my parents alone to the wedding venue for family photos.

Also something to keep in mind- we had arranged with the Hampton Inn to have 1 shuttle leave the hotel for the venue earlier than the rest.... this allowed our family members to be shuttled earlier for pictures.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards