Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Friend didnt invite me to ladies night

I am so upset, this girl from my church who I thought was my friend had a ladies night get together and posted pictures on FB, and when I asked what it was for and if it was dress shopping she said "No. We were hanging out. And you dont need to be at every social thing I do, ok? Im sorry, but no." What the heck? She hasnt ever invited me to a single social thing shes done, ever. And then I said well sorry for asking I just felt excluded. She said theres no reason you should have felt excluded. But isnt that what you just did? And then to follow it up with an exclusive remark of I dont need to be at every social event you do. Wth? This is the conversation:
Hi I saw the instagram post with you and three of the girls from our small group, if you don't mind me asking what  was that for, were you dress shopping?

Caitlin. No. We were hanging out. You do not have to be at every social thing that I do. Okay? I'm sorry but no.

Im sorry,  I never said I did, I was just asking

Why did you feel the need to ask?
Caitlin Heather

It just looked fun and I felt excluded, sorry

There is no reason you should have felt excluded Caitlin. And just because I don't call you up and invite you does t mean that you're not wanted or something. And these are some of my good friends. I don't know how many times I need to explain that to you girl. It makes me NOT want to invite you to things when you get like that. I'm sorry I'm being blunt here but I literally have tried being nice and including you in things and you actually are doing this even more than before. You're gonna have to take time and seek God on your own in this to get healing because nobody else is in charge of you and your heart healing except for you.
Doesnt*

When I get to feeling like Im excluded? Im acting like I feel excluded even more than before? I didn't really realize I was doing it more than before, I do appreciate you being nice and including me on things and Im sorry I have acted like I feel excluded or rejected and Im sorry it has made you feel this way.  I will try to work on it more and seek God about it to get heart healing.

I'm glad you will seek healing. I'm sorry I am being so blunt, I know it is hard to hear. But I don't feel like there is anything else I can do for you here Caitlin. It really is up to you.

Are we good? I just want to know that Im your friend

Caitlin, you will always be my friend. I still feel very frustrated about this all, and I'm sad that you have gotten to the point of feeling rejection all the time. The enemy TOTALLY hates you...that's just a fact for all of us...and you've gotta fight girl! Focus on how good God is and how much HE loves you and wants to give you confidence. I, and nobody else, can do that for you. It's up to you girl.

You feel frustrated about me feeling rejection/exclusion all the time? Im sorry  like I said I will try not to
You feel frustrated about me feeling exclusion all the time?  Im sorry Ive made you feel this way

I just want to see you healed Caitlin. Please seek God in this. I can't do it for you. And I'm not frustrated at you...I'm frustrated at the enemy at this point. I want to see you set free from this. You've gotta see that you feeling "not wanted" is actually just a lie from the devil and you are literally believing lies from Saran. You've got to start declaring truth!

Ok, thanks, and I will!

Good. Alright, I'll talk to you later girl. Have a good day!

You too!

Re: Friend didnt invite me to ladies night

• Options
    Yep. Jashleys definitely back and she still hasn't found a new church. But she has found time to post this exact story all over the bloody internet. Again. 

• Options
    FFS, go away.

• Options
    "lies from Saran"
  • Options
    Not today, Satan.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    She's baaaaaaaàack
  • Options
    db1984db1984 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I googled the first sentence of her post and got TEN different websites where this is posted.  I really feel bad for this girl.
  • Options
    Is that fewer or more sites than the last time this happened?

db1984 said:
    I googled the first sentence of her post and got TEN different websites where this is posted.  I really feel bad for this girl.

• Options

db1984 said:

Definitely not as many sites as she posted when she wasn't invited to the wedding in a park. No, that one was on bodybuilding forums and all sorts. 

• Options

db1984 said:

Definitely not as many sites as she posted when she wasn't invited to the wedding in a park. No, that one was on bodybuilding forums and all sorts. 
    Bodybuilding forums? WTH?
  • Options
    She also did this (not this exact post) in the NFP group I'm in on Facebook. 
  • Options
    @KnotRiley Sigh. You might want to look into this.

• Options
    Again?
  • Options
    She also posted about the original wedding-in-a-park issue in a needlework Facebook group I am in. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    She also posted about the original wedding-in-a-park issue in a needlework Facebook group I am in. 
    Sheesh. How bored or lonely do you have to be to troll so many different groups?
  • Options
    Every time she posts I'm left feeling the same way whomever she's complaining about this time must feel. 
  • Options
    tigerlily6tigerlily6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
     . . . When I first read through the post it was already pretty clear we were dealing with a loon. When I read this thread, tho, I get the picture this is a whole new level of crazy. Ooooh boy. 

• Options
    Sheesh. How bored or lonely do you have to be to troll so many different groups?
    Honestly, I spent a lot of time in the Jashley rabbit hole last year and after encountering her on my own in the wild (which felt like the Twilight Zone) I feel like I have a Ph.D. in Jashley Studies. I really don't think she's a troll in the traditional sense. It seems like a legit compulsion to seek validation over being slighted by her church friends. 

But like @kimmiinthemitten said above, it's a vicious cycle that she perpetuates herself. She destroys boundaries so people don't ask her to do things and then those slights feed into her complex which makes her even less respectful of boundaries (like, say, posting in random communities you are not a member of or accosting someone over an Instagram photo about why you weren't invited). 
  • Options
    drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2016
    @spockforprez I have honestly wondered if she's for real or just a very dedicated to this persona.

• Options
    Every time she posts I'm left feeling the same way whomever she's complaining about this time must feel. 
    Right? If she is for real, can you even imagine what it must be like for the members of her church? Ugh, all they want to do is hang out without her and I can't say I blame them.

• Options

@Ourwildkingdom, google 'not invited to friends wedding in park'. It's either top shelf nuts or a work of art.

• Options
    Again?
    No ... Just that once. 
  • Options
    @spockforprez I have honestly wondered if she's for real or just a very dedicated to this persona.
    I couldn't sleep last night so I googled her. There's a Christian Forum board that she posts on a bit more frequently where people answer her and she comes back and engages so I think it might be legit. I also wonder if there is something more to her seeming inability to recognize social cues. 
  • Options
    This. And I agree with @spockforprez that I think she is a legit person with zero sense of boundaries. 

OP - please seek professional counseling. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I couldn't sleep last night so I googled her. There's a Christian Forum board that she posts on a bit more frequently where people answer her and she comes back and engages so I think it might be legit. I also wonder if there is something more to her seeming inability to recognize social cues. 
    I work in the mental health field and I've seen of lot of this sort of outlook in many personality disorders or paranoid schizophrenics. 

OP- I would suggest you to reach out to a professional who can give you tools to understand boundaries as well as process your feelings of being left out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards