Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony-Reception Time Gaps

Re: Ceremony-Reception Time Gaps

• edited May 2016
    I think you rendered her speechless, @holyguacamole79
  • ladies, you don't want to go into early menopause. Relax
    Ah, the classic "I was called out for lacking intelligence, so now I am going to shoot back with something completely nonsensical." That is the most random insult (is that an insult?) yet. Seriously, in order to effectively troll, you have to be clever. You, fine sir, are not.
    I'm waiting patiently for "your face is completely nonsensical".
    Me too! 

Going to to get popcorn, anyone want anything?
  • edited May 2016
    Similar to jumping on a "reading error" on a grammatically improper sentence. Nothing else intelligent to say? What about the initial question this girl asked. Was is about the time gap? No. Reading comprehension issue for all? or just TROLLING. Or just my opinion translates to trolling and you're just trying to "help" with a side or sarcasm to seem witty and important?

What if this girl already planned her wedding? You don't see anything wrong with all the unnecessary rude comments? Telling her she doesn't care about her family and friends because she has a lull in between? Even if you you did think that, why would you say something like that to someone you don't know? You feel big behind a computer screen?

The memes, likes, badges- if they make you feel happy and relevant, even if its at the expense of someone else's feelings, keep going ladies.

• At least you can sleep easy tonight knowing you told us off good and proper.

• Similar to jumping on a "reading error" on a grammatically improper sentence. Nothing else intelligent to say? What about the initial question this girl asked. Was is about the time gap? No. Reading comprehension issue for all? or just TROLLING. Or just my opinion translates to trolling and you're just trying to "help" with a side or sarcasm to seem witty and important?

What if this girl already planned her wedding? You don't see anything wrong with all the unnecessary rude comments? Telling her she doesn't care about her family and friends because she has a lull in between? Even if you you did think that, why would you say something like that to someone you don't know? You feel big behind a computer screen?

The memes, likes, badges- if they make you feel happy and relevant, even if its at the expense of someone else's feelings, keep going ladies.

A gap is a big enough issue that one should re-plan their wedding around fixing it, if necessary. That's how uncaring it makes you seem, even if it's hard to think about it that way initially. The "lull" for one's own personal picture-taking or desire for an evening reception can't be seen any other way than putting your own needs above your guests' - those whom you supposedly love and should want to care for. I actually did have a plan for a gap at the beginning, since all the weddings I'd been to had had them - then realized how poorly that was treating everyone by reading things here, and changed that wedding plan with the venue. They pushed back on it. I insisted. It's that important.

No one is here for the stupid badge things. That shit has changed so much and is so irrelevant. They're here for some funny stories, some community, and to help a few people avoid insulting their friends and family by doing rude things like having gaps. They're here to help provide some perspective - exactly how rude a gap is, exactly how to think outside the box to avoid it.

Just because someone doesn't ask for advice on a big, glaring issue doesn't mean said big, glaring issue has to be sidestepped.
    So true. So many things have been explained to me here either as a poster or a lurker that I never thought were wrong or rude before I started planning. I'm grateful that at least somewhere there are people that won't just sugarcoat everything.

• I think you rendered her speechless, @holyguacamole79
    I wish!!!!!
  • edited May 2016
    Haha I mean please make the effort to find my IP address. I just don't understand "if this shit has changed so much and is irrelevant" why are you still commenting. Or if you want me to be silent- why respond?? Just doesn't seem logical. 
  • Haha sure, Gotcha. I mean I feel I've thought out my comments before posting. It's only opinions after all... And I'm responding to people belittling me. I think the initial comments to "OP" were rude....in my opinion. You don't like it more on. I'm sure you have a lot of posts to lurk and comment on. Busy day ahead of you. 
  •  :D right.  
  • Same. Move on
  • Came home and saw this thread had BLOWN UP. 

Knottie# be trolling hard. 

Knottie#, you seem to be the one who has nothing better to do by coming onto a site just to argue with us over wedding gaps. Like you're championing against our pathetic, backwards opinions, and here to win the battle. A word of wisdom (also, since you evidently LOVE memes): 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Anytime. Don't dish it if you can't take it
  • I do thanks 
  • Anytime. Don't dish it if you can't take it
    Oh honey, you are so cute. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I do thanks 
    Anytime. Don't dish it if you can't take it

Who the hell are you even talking to?

And to the bolded: That is advice you yourself should follow. I suspect you have been flagging people's posts, which goes against the whole "don't dish it if you can't take it" argument.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh getting feisty. Not flagging. You'll still be able to lurk... No worries 
  • madamerwinmadamerwin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    Oh getting feisty. Not flagging. You'll still be able to lurk... No worries 
    Somehow I don't believe you. But there really is no arguing with you, since that would imply all parties have the ability to form a coherent argument. So, with that, I give you one more meme. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh getting feisty. Not flagging. You'll still be able to lurk... No worries 
    Aren't you bored yet? 
  • Yea, I thought you would
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards