Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday

Re: Thursday

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @PamBeesly524 I got it from the bakery at Wegmans.  It was filled and covered with cheese.
    Wegmans Cheese Bread - Wegmans

DROOLING.

• Options
    @labro Ugh... That all sounds terrible. It sounds like you're being completely reasonable in regards to noise. I've had neighbors in the past that have been TOO strict about noise, but you're at least trying to understand their situation with the swing shift.

I honestly cannot stand anyone who lets their dog bark uncontrollably outside. Especially that late at night. I had a dog growing up, I get that dogs bark, but if it gets out of hand you need to bring him/her in. Our neighbors back home had bear hounds and they would just let them bark all day and and all night because they lived outside... so infuriating. 

I think it also sucks that your neighbors didn't even try to be sympathetic to your H when he confronted them. Claiming you are going to move first? WTF? How do they know your situation AT ALL? Also the earplugs with a bow are so passive aggressive it makes me want to scream.
  • Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    @labro well the earplugs was fucking rude as shit. Having a GS who barks at everything, I get the annoyance.  We try to keep Calla inside as much as possible so we don't drive anyone crazy since she's always guarding and barking at everything. There are these devices that look like bird houses, and the give off a sound that makes dogs stop barking.  If you put it on your side of the fence, it should cover enough of their yard to keep him quiet. *Eta or you could passive aggressively leave one in their mailbox. Or a dog training brochure.

The Ultrasonic Barking Dog Deterrent - Hammacher Schlemmer
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @PamBeesly524 Right? Dogs bark, I get it. Our dog barks at the doorbell and she'll bark at people outside on occasion (when she's INSIDE the house), which we try to get her to not do that, but whatever, it's inside at least and it's very brief. She never barks outside and she never ever barks at other dogs. I just find it incredibly frustrating that they allow their dogs to go on barking at night when they KNOW that not everyone around them keeps their schedule and that it's very loud and obnoxious. It's so inconsiderate and I'm just done with it.

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @speakeasy14 Funnily enough, we did get one of those and it worked on their older dog. She doesn't bark at night anymore and maybe during the day time she'll bark one time and that's it. But the younger dog is just a fucking stupid idiot and he doesn't stop ever. You have to check the box constantly though, it runs through d-cell batteries like the world is ending!

• Options
    @labro -

So sorry you have to deal with that. They sound like a couple of peaches.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    @labro uuuugh that is super annoying. I'm a light sleeper- freaking birds wake me up so there's no way I could live next to a barking dog. I'm sorry that she brushed you off without offering any solutions. Hopefully you'll be able to list/ get what you want for your house.

• Options
    @labro Ugh I'm so sorry. I wish sometimes that the remote mute button could work on dogs lol. Your neighbors sound like they have an excuse for everything and can't just own up to the fact that they are disruptive and should probably be more respectful to their surrounding neighbors.

Maybe what your H said will help though because now they really know how rude they are being. The wife is probably just being defensive but I'm sure it will stick with her.
  • Options
  • Options
    @AlPacina I loved reading The Hunger Games series.  You should get started now that you've watched the movies.  And then we can share opinions.  I'll even reread them. 
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - I've got about 70 pages left of my current book, and then I'm in!

• Options
    @labro - Here you can get cited for that.  

"According to City Municipal Code, it is illegal to allow any animal to continuously bark, howl or otherwise disturb the peace. Officers can issue a citation to the owner if a citizen is willing to sign a complaint for allowing an animal to bark continuously..."

Obviously, you should try to work it out with them first, but if they are going to be that way about it, maybe there's something similar where you're at.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @CocoBellaF We have noise ordinances like I mentioned, but the barking hasn't lasted long enough (more than 30 minutes continuous barking after 10 pm) for us to be able to make an official complaint.

• Options
    @eilis1228 - Did you have to order the ice cream online or did you find it in a store? I'm curious about it and will probably check for it next time I go grocery shopping!

• Options
    @beachyone15 I got it at Kroger. If you go on the Halo Top website, they will tell you which stores distribute it in your area. Kroger was the only chain around me that carries it, but I feel like this is something HEB would carry where you are. I could be wrong though.

• Options
    @eilis1228 yay for the long weekend! And congrats on your workout - do you do it at the gym? I'm always so lost with free weights and stuff at the gym so I never go. 

I tried the Vanilla Halo Top last week and it was soooo good! I couldn't believe it.
  • Options

@futuremrshistorian looking fabulous!

@eilis1228 I love DC- have a blast! Um and you feel like a BAMF because you are one!

@wink0erin hope you get good camping weather!

• Options
    @PamBeesly524 Yep, I go to the gyms at my apartment complex. They have 2 onsite that are "free" to residents and open 24/7. I used to go to 24 Hour Fitness, and I had a personal trainer for a while. She helped me learn how to use free weights and create my own workouts, though admittedly she still pushes me a lot harder than I push myself. My gym doesn't have a leg press or a few other machines that I really liked, but I make it work. If I ever have questions about a work out or how to properly use the weights, I either Google it or text my trainer (we became really close friends, and she was a BM in my wedding). There are a ton of resources on the web that help with creating workouts and educating people on proper stance, etc. If you go to a gym, you can definitely ask a trainer how to use something. That's what they are there for, and unless they have a client, they're probably bored and looking to help someone out.

• Options
    @eilis1228 - I went to Kroger yesterday afternoon for the sole purpose of getting Halo Top, and all they had was mint chocolate chip, which normally I would go for, but I really wanted chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.  I haven't tried any of them yet but I so want to!
  • Options
    @labro - I'm sorry.  :(  Raj barks...a lot...at everything.  That said, if he is outside, he isn't barking for more than 5-8 minutes before we do something about it (and only then because I might say be in the bathroom).  And he certainly isn't allowed outside before 6:30 am or after 10 pm and barking.  Irresponsible dog owners are the worst.  I just hope you guys get to list your house, get mega bucks and move to a place with better neighbors.  Only other thing I can think of is asking other neighbors if it bugs them too and if they can say something so it isn't just coming from you guys.

@eilis1228 - Thank you, the encouragement really does help.  I hope you guys have an awesome time in DC and I can't wait for the AW post on your return.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @wink0erin I mean it's a legit reason for the earplugs because the husband works swing shift (meaning sleeping most or all of the morning and then going to work in the afternoon/coming home after midnight.

@minskat30 Lol, we've been in our house 3 years now and we still haven't met the people who live on the other side of our neighbors! It's a good idea though. Our neighbors on our home's other side are friends with them but they even said they didn't think their friendship would last long if they lived right next door so they know what we deal with. It's honestly embarrassing though...I feel like their dog is so obnoxious and disturbing that we shouldn't be outside because I KNOW other people can hear it and if we were inside then the disturbance would be less frequent. We have dogs on all sides, so sometimes I'll be in the yard playing fetch with Cinders or doing yard work and we will literally have dogs barking at us on either side of our yard and that sets off dogs in the neighborhood that backs up to us. It is literally. The. Worst.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards