Wedding Woes

TGIF for real

Good morning!  Back from Hartford, got in last night and completely blew up the bedtime routine.  It's so good to be home.  The weather was cool and rainy, and it seems like flying sucks more every time I do it.  Like even the return flight was worse than the one out there.  But I am HOME now, and so happy.

House is trashed.  DS is having a class party for Mother's Day, so I'm leaving early.  Wooz is having a friend sleep over tonight.  Leaving on a day trip after riding.  Might go pick some strawberries Sunday morning.  My mom texted me yesterday and asked if we could postpone our Mother's Day celebration until next weekend and I couldn't say yes fast enough.

Re: TGIF for real

• My sister has a trailer on a lake a few hours away. She wanted me to go with her this weekend to open it up for summer, which would have been fun but I knew H would prefer if I didn't go. So I didn't. He's been working nights and has been really pissy lately. Hopefully we can just relax this weekend.

And by "relax", I mean clean the house, grocery shop, cook, prep, do yard work, I'm finally going to organize the filing cabinet, put up new blinds, put in a new disposal, organize our credit cards (I'm trying to figure out what bills to have charged to which card to maximize points but still keep us well below the card's maximum to keep improving our credit). So tons of shit.

I am ITCHING for a vacation. BAD. But it's not in the budget even a little bit. Maybe I'll see if we can get a cheap room for an overnight a few hours away.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • The weather has finally changed here so FI suggested we eat dinner out in the garden tonight. I work in a windowless office whilst my company refurbs our floor, so I crave being outside. Add a bottle of red into the equation and I am very on board with this plan! 

Work has been the devil this last 3wks, so I am living for the weekend at the moment.

• It is cooling down the weekend. It was 100 on Wednesday. I'm not ready for the summer heat. I think FI and I are going to go see Captain America today :)

House hunting was a flop last night. We went and saw 3 houses and 2 of the 3 were just awkward. So the search continues.

FI is taking his mom fishing for Mother's Day. I'm taking mine out to brunch and relax.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It is so cold today. There have been people at work sanding and painting wall all week. It gives me a headache and I wake up with a cough if I sit inside all day so most of the week I have been sitting outside. I only have to keep an eye on the door in case someone stops by and we are slow right now, that's why they picked now to do the sanding. Yesterday no one stopped by. But it is TOO mutha fuckin COLD! I am going to have to go sit in front of my space heater!

This weekend we have to clean the house. That is all and we are not doing anything until it is done. I am grounding us until the house is clean. And mow the yard/ tend the garden.
  • edited May 2016
    Ugh @ChelleJayne house hunting is the worst. We went to one where the wallpaper was literally peeling off the walls because they were so wet and the estate agent tried to tell us it had just been 'redecorated to a high standard'. Oh, and the other flat where we walked into one of the bedrooms and there were rose petals all over the bed arranged in a heart, 'ti amo' written in the middle, and lacy underwear next to it. The agent in that place took photos.

Eta: words

• Tonight I have my group's "Ask an Atheist" event at the local First Friday, which is always fun.  The yelling street preachers refuse to come near us, which means they stay away from the square (to everyone's relief) and we usually gain more members.  Saturday I'm going to an away roller derby game b/c I'm a nice and suportive GF.  It's also Free Comic Book Day, so I must hit my comic book store before leaving.  MUST.  Then I can take comics to roller derby game since I'll be there so early.  Sunday is tabling at a local festival that is always a lot of fun, so I'm looking forward to that.
  • I am heading out early for Muffins with Mom at DefConn's daycare. 

DH is currently working out.  I think he's going to take my car in for tire rotation and go to his mom's grave for a mother's day visit.  :(

Tonight, I don't think we're doing anything.  It's 1st Friday, so we can get growler fills for $7 at the brewery/restaurant down the street. 

Tomorrow, we're heading OOT to go to DH's stepgrandma's 70th bday party. 

Sunday, once we're back in town, we're going to my sister's for an early dinner. 

Random rant:  DH's dad's side of the family has taken to call DH for DH to tell/ask FIL about shit (they've even called me once or twice).  I know that FIL has been difficult (this is not new, he has been this way the whole time I've known him) and no one wants to 'bother' him because they don't know if they're going to get ranty FIL or chill FIL (and he can go from one extreme to the other in a conversation)...but this means DH gets to deal with it all and it just sucks. 
  • I went inside and they are cleaning up. Looks like they'll be outta here in the next 15 minutes! So happy! 

@mrs.conn23 that sucks your DH has become the middleman. Hopefully he doesn't mind too much?
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2016

@mrs.conn23 that sucks your DH has become the middleman. Hopefully he doesn't mind too much?
    It depends on what it's about.  Last night his aunt called (the one that was at my house this past weekend, got in a fight with FIL, and ran upstairs where she stayed (pouted?) for an hour...FIL got all pissy and left. Fun times!) and he was pretty eye-rolly about it.  She could have called FIL, but whatever.

MIL died almost 6 mos ago, suddenly, so everyone is kind of at a loss with FIL sometimes.  He can be cool and then he'll have an outburst.  He's also bitching/venting to people about all manner of things and some of it gets back to us (like he's mad we haven't gone to his house in awhile and he 'always has to come here', but we've been either working or doing house projects on the weekends...so we haven't had time to go out there.  He's *always* welcome to stay the night and bring his dog.  And then we offered to go out there last weekend and he said that he'd come here.)

Basically, it's an emotional clusterfuck and DH being the oldest child and we're the only kids that live in town (BIL is only 1.5 hours away though, but he's the baby and just had a baby), DH/we get caught up in a lot of shit. 

Sorry for the dump.  ;)

To close on a cute note: DefConn disclosed that they do kids yoga at school, so we were doing poses together last night.  He's pretty good!  Too bad there's no yoga classes, much less mommy and me yoga classes, around here. 
  • edited May 2016
    I can see how that would be annoying. Seems like you guys are just closer to FFIL in regards to time spent with him. 

Props to DefConn's school for the yoga! The benefits for kids is incredible. It helps them get energy out, helps them concentrate in class, breathing techniques for when they get anxious or angry, so many good things in yoga for kids. There was a program in the city we lived in before here but the shut it down because someone was concerned their kid was going to come home a hindu. ::eyeroll:: What does DefConn stand for? FH going to a hacking convention called Defcon each year and I have always wondered.

Edited because words
  • What does DefConn stand for? FH going to a hacking convention called Defcon each year and I have always wondered.

A former regular coined DefConn early in my pregnancy because his due date was on her birthday and she joked that he was DefConn because he was going to jack her bday thunder.  :D  It's stuck since. 

He ended up being born 6 days before his due date.  ;)
  • My work attitude is currently at like a -17. I just told my boss "ya know this phone-shaped thing? If I'm holding it up to my face, that usually means I'm on the phone".

I gotta get out of here. For both the business' sake and mine.

• Random:  went to CFA for lunch and got the wrap.  I always get it with Chick-fil-A sauce.  When I pulled up, the woman at the drive-thru window told me they were out of CFA sauce, would I like something else.  The look on my face must have been tragic, because she quickly said "Hang on, I'll just run and get some from up front."  And then she gave me five of them, and now I'm like

httpsmomstrikefileswordpresscom201408challenge-acceptedjpg

• So ready for the weekend... it's been a very long week.  Tomorrow morning DH has to help his sister move some furniture, so I get some quiet reading time. 

Then we are kidnapping his 13 year old nephew to corrupt him.  Last year DH introduced him to the joys of betting on the Kentucky Derby (DH put down a couple bets and took nephew to Dave & Busters to watch and cheer on the race, accompanied by food & video games).  The horse that nephew chose won, so he loved it and DH had promised nephew that he'd let him pick a bet this year and take him to watch the race again. And currently we are thinking of watching the race at Tilted Kilt.  So, it'll be a fun day of gambling and scantily clad women for our 13-year old nephew.  :smile: Somebody has to be the bad influence, right??? :wink: 

• So ready for the weekend... it's been a very long week.  Tomorrow morning DH has to help his sister move some furniture, so I get some quiet reading time. 

Then we are kidnapping his 13 year old nephew to corrupt him.  Last year DH introduced him to the joys of betting on the Kentucky Derby (DH put down a couple bets and took nephew to Dave & Busters to watch and cheer on the race, accompanied by food & video games).  The horse that nephew chose won, so he loved it and DH had promised nephew that he'd let him pick a bet this year and take him to watch the race again. And currently we are thinking of watching the race at Tilted Kilt.  So, it'll be a fun day of gambling and scantily clad women for our 13-year old nephew.  :smile: Somebody has to be the bad influence, right??? :wink: 
    What else are an aunt and an uncle good for if not that?!
  • I woke up without a voice today and my asthma acting up... DS has a constant cough that's been going on for a month now with some wheeziness, so took him in yesterday and asked they do a strep test on him as a precaution (he had Scarlet Fever not that long ago and didn't even spike a temp then) - they refused..  DD is complaining of a sore throat...  While I was there anyway I had the labs run that I needed to do this month only to discover that the one number is off, but the symptoms of the problem (hypothyroid) are being PERFECTLY managed on my present dose which has gotten the rest of my blood counts looking great, but my Primary is a "doesn't matter it's only what your lab numbers say is important" kind of guy is going to want to drop my dose...  And I had an ugly cry because - it's the end of living like a normal person for a good long while (the lower dose wasn't getting converted enough, I was still wildly symptomatic which caused other blood counts to be off)..  It's a "I'm ready to toss in the towel" kind of day and shaping up the same for the weekend..  Then there's the "Mother's Day Tea" today (I'm just not "THAT Mom" for these things), and H reminds me of that, then an "oh by the way.." and yea, Mother's Day with the IL's...  No "what do you want to do..." or "how about I take the kids..." or "what time was that movie you wanted to go to"...  ... "Oh <verbs> - Bless his little ole' heart!" <strong verbiage>

• Going to be a pretty chill weekend around here. Gardening tomorrow. No kids home for Mother's Day. DD is going to MIL/FIL. DS1 is too far away to come home for a weekend and DS2 is in the middle of finals at college - graduation next weekend woohoo! I'm trying (rather unsuccessfully) to adjust to sharing DD with her ILs. They live in the same area so see each other more often than us. I'm sure I'll adjust eventually.
  • edited May 2016
    4:30 could not come fast enough. The morning felt like everyone left their brains at home (me included). In the afternoon, everyone wanted something all at the same time. I was crabby all day. I love my job, but I hate incompetence and being responsible for *your* poor planning.

Also, the car is in the shop, so I'm dependent on public transportation. I have to go pick up the car so I can take it somewhere that'll do what needs done for $200 less. 

I nearly bit poor FW's head off because I felt like she was lecturing me about the car. I finally just said, "I need some me time," so I'm at Starbucks listening to hair metal before I catch the bus.
  • @OurWildKingdom if anyone accosts you to worry you re: your musical tastes, let us know.  ;)
  • edited May 2016
    VarunaTT said:
    @OurWildKingdom if anyone accosts you to worry you re: your musical tastes, let us know.  ;)
    LOL! I like almost every genre except for contemporary country and most of what passes for rap (I love old school of both genres). But for some reason, after I've had a crap day, glam rock and hair metal get me into a better head space. Must be the nostalgia factor.
  • Finished my semester yesterday! Woot! I start my internship Monday, but still, so happy to be done with exams for a little bit. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards