Rhode Island

Linden Place capacity

Hello all, 

We looked at Linden Place and I fell in love with it, but I am concerned that it's not big enough. We will probably have just about 200 guests. They say they can fit 200 with room to dance, but does anyone know if this is actually true? Also, we'd have to put a number of people under the tent for dinner, and I'm not sure if that would be weird. if anyone has had or attended a large wedding at LP I would appreciate any insight you have into these issues. 

Thanks! 

Re: Linden Place capacity

• IamnowmrsjmsIamnowmrsjms member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    Hello all, 

We looked at Linden Place and I fell in love with it, but I am concerned that it's not big enough. We will probably have just about 200 guests. They say they can fit 200 with room to dance, but does anyone know if this is actually true? Also, we'd have to put a number of people under the tent for dinner, and I'm not sure if that would be weird. if anyone has had or attended a large wedding at LP I would appreciate any insight you have into these issues. 

Thanks! 
    To the first bolded-Usually, when a venue gives you a capacity number, this includes the total amount of people they can accommodate (so you need to include, you, your FI and all of your vendors in this count!)
    To the second bolded-Yes, it would not only be weird, but rude.  Don't do this! Separating your guests during dinner can leave them feeling like second class citizens.  Trust me, I've been to weddings where people have been split up between different floors (balcony and main floor) and it wasn't good.  A lot of guests (including my parents) had hurt feelings about being sat on the balcony.
    If you're dead set on this venue then you need to cut your guest list.  If you can't cut your guest list any further, then you need to keep searching, as this is not the perfect venue for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards