New Jersey

NJ Venue Opinions

Hello all!

I just got engaged last weekend and am excited to begin looking at venues! Being crazy in love with wedding stuff for years I already have a pretty decent idea of what I'm looking for. But before I start making appointments with venues I'd like to get some opinions from people on the forums :smile: 

Current options I'm considering-
The Rockleigh (My top choice, but from what I've seen so so so expensive)
The Grand Marquis
The Valley Regency
The Estate at Florentine Gardens
SEASONS Catering

Any current brides of these venues on the boards? Anyone visit and have opinions, thoughts, concerns, price quotes? We'll most likely be having a September wedding either on a Friday night or a Saturday day with 130-150 people. Any info is welcome! 

Re: NJ Venue Opinions

• everafter418everafter418 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    I got married at the Valley Regency a year ago and cannot express how amazing it was. The grounds are spectacular and the room is HUGE. Everyone still talks about the food. I loved that the cocktail room was big enough that most everyone had a seat! I had Danny as my maitre'd and he was incredible. So much so that my parents loved him so much that they went back the next day and they spoke to the owners again to thank him. They held everything for us so we did not need to lug everything home that night. They were incredibly easy to work with and they allowed me to do anything custom that I wanted. I wanted a signature drink and they got it. They were SOO flexible!!! My bridal attendant Irene was out of this world! She had such great attention to detail and was so in tuned with mine and my husbands needs! It was the best night of my life thanks in large part to the service at the venue... AND EVERYONE STILL TALKS ABOUT OUR FOOD!!! Incredible! HIGHLY RECOMMEND! 
  • I recently got a quote for the Grand Marquis and they want 165pp for a Friday evening, Saturday AM was 115pp and Sunday AM was 105pp. I don't know what the price for Saturday evening was.  
  • Hey All, 
    My fiance and I found a gorgeous venue (The Brookside Banquet)for both our ceremony and reception. We booked the venue and date early to lock in their early-bird special (The venue wasn't complete with it's renovations). Unfortunately, we are dealing with financial issues and we cannot afford the wedding we were planning on. 
    Our deposit was $2,000 and it is nonrefundable. We are willing to sell a couple our deposit for a negotiable price. Because we booked so soon we got an amazing deal that came with the deposit dishes per person range from $85-$100 and the deposit also includes 5 hours premium liquor open bar.

If you are interested in taking over our deposit please let me know. Also, the date is changeable depending on the venue's availability.