Not Engaged Yet

Monday

Morning! I can't believe it's already Monday :cry: 

On Friday, I was MIA around here because we had a Seis de Mayo celebration at work and everyone brought in a dish (I made guac, obviously) and we had booze (I was bartender!) and it was a lot of fun. I met H for sushi after work and went to bed super early. 

On Saturday, I met my BFF for breakfast and we stopped at the flower shop her mom works at and THERE WERE KITTEN BABIES. My friend said she looked at me at one point and I had tears in my eyes lol. They were SO tiny I couldn't stand it. 

Since I wasn't allowed to bring home a kitten baby, I took myself shopping. Or as @GoldenPenguin put it: I was filling the empty space in my heart with clothes. I bought 2 dresses and a top with zebras on it from H&M, a maxi skirt and some basic tanks from Old Navy and a dress for Belmont from Marshall's:

When H got home from work, we headed down to Cape May to see my parents. 
My dad is doing so much better! He's finally able to walk on his own and his spirits are up which (I think) definitely helps with  healing. We hung around the house that night, watching hockey, and then yesterday morning we took my parents out to brunch (I'm wearing my new zebra top!): 

After breakfast, we went in an out of some antique shops and there was an animal outreach next door to one and I literally jumped out of the moving vehicle to get to it. There were about 30 cats inside and I was in my glory. 

We left in the afternoon and stopped to see MIL on the way home. I cleaned up the house and prepped beef stew for the week while H did some yard work. 

Pleeeeeeeeeeease let this week fly by! PLEASE! 

Re: Monday

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @PamBeesly524 - Thank you! Way to go on your race time! As a non-runner that's pretty freaking incredible to me! Which meals are you getting from BA?

• @Swazzle Red Quinoa & Black Bean Enchiladas, Spicy Vegetable Tteokbokki, and Spring Fregola Sarda Pasta. Not super excited about the second one because I'm not a big spice fan. But we'll see!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    @CocoBellaF - Thanks!

@PamBeesly524 - Omg the red quinoa and black bean enchiladas are SO GOOD. That was one of mine and H's favorite recipes of all time from any of the meal delivery services and we've replicated it on our own a few times! I hope you love it. 

@southernpeach89 - Your first Mother's Day! It sounds like you had such a nice day! 

• @LizzyTish88 That wreath is adorable!! I love it! I think I'm going to make a new 4th of July wreath. I love the one I have but I'm ready for something new.
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    @LizzyTish88 - Awesome job on the wreath! 

• Very cute wreath, @LizzyTish88.  Good job!!!
  • Thanks everyone! @southenpeach89 My cousin just made some 4th ones that are adorable! She got burlap at Walmart, one is blue with stars, and the other is red striped. I loved them, but I bought one last year so Idk about buying the materials to make a new one. I do want to make one for our house now though so just have to decided what kind of theme I want.
    friends tv show funy
  • untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    Morning!
    @swazzle your dress is so pretty!! I'm jealous you're going to Belmont. Every year I want to go, but I have to work :( 
    @southernpeach89 Happy Mother's Day!
    @lizzytish88 I saw civil war this weekend too it was so good!
    @pambeesly524 good job on the race!

My weekend was busy! Friday was BF's brother's birthday so after work I ran to get him a gift because I had no idea what to get him. At Old Navy they had a bunch of cool Marvel and Star Wars shirts so I got him a captain America shirt and one with the Star Wars logo, which was his favorite gift of the night, I might add ;). We are dinner at Benihana and had cake and it was lovely. Saturday I worked most of the day, nothing too special happened, BF and I had dinner and saw Civil War which was awesome. Sebastian Stan is such a hottie! 

Yesterday I worked open to close and held my first AKC test, the STAR puppy test for a French mastiff pup who is in one of my classes. She passed like I knew she would, and her owner cried. It wasnt that big of a deal but it was cute anyway lol. After that I raced to BF's house where we had BBQ for Mother's Day. 

Today I have to do some stuff around the house, hit the gym, and Coraline is going to the park for a play date because it's rained the last like ten days so she's got some pent up energy that needs to come out. 
  • @beachyone15 LOVE the paintings! They are perfect for Spring!
  • @Swazzle  kitten weekend! :D 

@PamBeesly524  congrats on the run :)

@CocoBellaF yay eviction soon lol ;)

@southernpeach89  that's sweet of your DH to let you sleep. you must have been irked to be up still ;)

Typical Monday. I forgot my glasses so by end of day I'll have a headache

Not much Friday. I vacuumed after work.

Saturday we went to his grandparents place because his grandpa wanted a new computer and Matt's basically the best person to get to help. So we spend majority of the day there.
    After we got home, Matt had made plans to see some friends so I texted my mum to see if she was going to be home. Luckily she was, so I hung out with her and made her sort through her clothes lmao Pack rat mother. She did get rid of stuff at least!

Sunday I took her for breakfast. We were going to wander around lots, but it was cold so we just headed to her place and made brownies and chatted.

Stopped by my granny's place on the way home and saw two of my uncles as well.

Tonight we're going thru stuff, we have a box of binders that is breaking so Matt has to sort thru that stuff. I have gift bags I wanna go thru to see if we really need all of them {I doubt it} and likely we're going to toss our Christmas tree once we can reach it.
  • @MissKittyDanger I mean I wouldn't say I was irked....it's hard to sleep in when you know your baby is up already and you hear her. 
  • labrolabro member
    @PamBeesly524 Congrats on being SO CLOSE to sub 2 hrs on your half marathon! That's amazing! I don't think I would've even been able to complete it just walking, it would definitely be an all day event lol.

• labrolabro member
    @cu97tiger Ugh I'm so sorry you had to give yourself shots AND had to do it twice!! :( Hopefully this week goes better in every single way! <3

• @beachyone15 I can't get over your H ordering you guys drinks - that is SO sweet!

@cu97tiger ugh, I'm sorry about the shots! Also sorry that you've been so sick lately - props to you for running even a portion of the race... you're a rockstar!

@labro That cake looks sooo good and I'm drooling at the thought of shrimp and grits right now.

• labrolabro member
    @minskat30 I'm drooling over those cupcakes! I'm glad the shower was a success and you had a lot of fun and received lots of wonderful gifts! I think you're definitely good...although TBH I'd order a bunch of stuff now, rather than wait. What if Ani shows up early? Anyway, if you end up with a duplicate gift you can always return it and buy something else.

• @minskat30  what is that thing with the raspberries? Looks delish and it sounds like you had a great time :)

@PamBeesly524 you still ran a marathon! better than i could even consider doing :)
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    @labro - Only thing I'm hesitating on is the fact that I have to order everything from the registry at one go...you get a 15% discount for being a Prime member on baby registry stuff but you only get to use it once.  And once everything is ordered from the registry, I don't want people to complain.  Maybe I'll look over everything and see if everything can wait until closer to the due date...I have the basics really at this point.  It is just a "I don't want to organize with a newborn" thing more than anything.  First world problems.  ;) 

@misskittydanger - It is a fruit (strawberry, raspberry), pudding (banana and chocolate) with whip cream and gluten free brownie concoction and I had some for breakfast yesterday and desert.  ;)  It is heavenly.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards