Chit Chat
Options

My Surprise Guest is no longer a surprise

Going off of my previous "surprise guest' post, I am excited to see said guest; however, her plans have suddenly gotten a bit rocky. 

My family just found out that her parents (my mom's best friend and her husband) encountered a terrible surprise visit to the hospital. The husband came down with a case of meningitis! It was super scary to hear about how he went into ICU and didn't know anyone around him. Thankfully, he's in recovery now and doing a lot better. This just means they can't fly for the wedding, which is okay! I'm so happy it happened before they flew from Alaska to Pennsylvania. The reason I say it's no longer a surprise is because their daughter was the surprise guest. She wanted to not only surprise me, but her mom and dad too, at my wedding. I feel bad they aren't coming now, and she is, but I'm just glad her dad is okay. 

Sorry, just wanted to vent a little. Thanks for reading!

Re: My Surprise Guest is no longer a surprise

• Options
    Oh no! Hope her Dad recovers quickly!
  • Options
    I hope he recovers well. I had meningitis several years ago and it is really scary. Once they get it diagnosed (it is often misdiagnosed as flu) and under control, then recovery usually goes well. It sucks that daughter isn't going to be able to see/surprise her parents... But, that's life I guess. 

• Options
    ** hugs **

FWIW, I found out a few weeks before my wedding that my aunt had breast cancer.  She told me that she wouldn't be able to make it bc her double mastectomy was the Tuesday of our wedding week and she lives in VA (wedding in TX).  Welllllllllll, she took the surgery like a champ and flew down to TX (her doctor approved it as long as her wife was there to care for her).  I found out the day before and cried for joy.

Fingers crossed for these friends and their health!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards