Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday

I keep thinking it's Friday.

I saw Dirty Dancing with my friend last night.  It was weird, but fun.  Definitely hit the quota of cheesy.

I'm annoyed with our civic association.  We don't have an HOA, but we do have an association that puts on a 4th of July picnic, cleans up common areas, and judges the Christmas lights.  Last week we had a note taped to our door that on June 14 (Tuesday) we wouldn't have driving access to our homes from 11-10 because the radio station is doing a block party from 6-8.  They said to contact them with concerns, but listed no contact info.  The party is in the street in front of our house.  There were 8 houses.  They couldn't even be bothered to knock on our doors.

I expressed concern that we had landscapers booked for May 31 start, 5 days construction, weather permitting.  If the weather doesn't hold we need access.  If it does hold our front yard will be seed and straw and mud and I don't want people in it.  The head of the committee is being particularly obtuse "Your landscapers will be done!"  "Why would people be in your yard?" "Let me give you background on this event."  NO it won't be done there will at least be seed still.  People will be in our yard because they do that for the 4th of July picnic and because there will be kids running and playing and it's what kids do.  I don't give a shit about the background, just tell me you'll put an orange fency thing around our yard to keep people out.

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Oh and yesterday was MIL's bday.  I forgot to post to her on facebook (but did send an email).  Dh forgot to call.  It's no wonder she likes her other kids better.
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    Oh and yesterday was MIL's bday.  I forgot to post to her on facebook (but did send an email).  Dh forgot to call.  It's no wonder she likes her other kids better.
    But she lives to annoy y'all.  ;) 
  • Options
    I saw the title of this post and thought, oh it's still yesterday's post!  It's never good when you think it's later in the week than it actually is.

I'm playing catch up this morning.  Yesterday my mom fell and fractured her shoulder (never a dull moment).  Once again, the hospital "couldn't" locate an interpreter (she's DeafBlind) so once again, I am requesting proof of their attempts and emailing the Department of Justice and the Joint Commission and the State Office of Civil Rights and so on and so on.  The State doesn't seem to care about enforcing the laws it enacted just two years ago, but as I said in my FB rant last night, what should we expect from a State that knowingly poisoned an entire city for 2 years.  *off soapbox*

So yeah, yay Wednesday!
  • Options
    Oh I wanted today to be Thursday.  But at least it's not Monday.  ;)

And then I just remembered that FIL is bringing his dog over tomorrow, as he's going OOT for a week.  So maybe I don't want it to be Thursday.  :) DH is convinced this dog-sitting experiment will make me want a dog.  I'm doubtful. 

I ordered some shorts and I'm dying for them to get here.  I've tried on dozens of shorts this year and have hated almost all of them.  I'm between sizes, which isn't helping.  Also, it seems like I can find 'mom' shorts (long with a high waist) or shorts that are way too short for my comfort.  I hope the ones I ordered work. 

The kiddo had a root canal yesterday.  I was surprised at how well he was doing last night (he's kind of a wuss when it comes to discomfort and he lets us know that he's uncomfortable), but this morning he was pretty pathetic.  Since it's finals week, I have to be all, "Here's some ibuprofen and a 'suck it up, buttercup.'  
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    And also, our landscaper is named Jesus.  This morning DH emailed "We should ask Jesus if...." and all I thought was "when did he get churchy?"

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I thought yesterday was Friday fo a second. I quickly snapped out of it but it doesn't help that today, and not even tomorrow, is also not Friday. That being said, I have a lot of house cleaning to do. So I am kind of happy about the extra time to procrastinate it.

I might meet a friend for trivia tonight but I am doing okay with this cleanse so I don't want to be the weirdo at the bar being like "no food or alcohol for me". 

Edited to remove excuses.
  • Options

And then I just remembered that FIL is bringing his dog over tomorrow, as he's going OOT for a week.  So maybe I don't want it to be Thursday.  :) DH is convinced this dog-sitting experiment will make me want a dog.  I'm doubtful. 

I kinda-sorta want a(n adult) dog right now.  I always had dogs growing up, and while Wooz pretty much loves all animals, DS super-extra loves dogs.  DH is not dead-set against it, but is skeptical.  Our older cat would probably beat the crap out of it.  Wooz's kitten would be delighted.  I don't know what the poor thing would do all day, though:  today we were out the door by 7:00, and the kids and I won't be home until after 7:00 (unless they cancel swim practice again).  Anyway.

6fsn said:
    When my brother was still dating his previous GF, she didn't wish my mom a happy birthday on FB, and my mom spent 45 minutes discussing the deeper, hidden meaning of it with me via text.  I was like "Maybe she was busy?  What with her job and her daughter and everything?"  I don't think I convinced her.

S/O my brother, he's off to the UK to see current LDR GF at the end of the week.  My mom is side-eyeing the hell out of it, which is her default setting.  My dad was asking me what I thought, but I couldn't really get a read on him--mildly positive, is my best guess.  I'm happy for him.  Wooz wants them to get married so she can be a flower girl again.  DH wants them to get married so we have an excuse to go to the UK.  My brother just found out he's meeting an assortment of sisters and friends, and is game.  Should be interesting.

Oh, and speaking of my whole family and texts, there was a text-go-round yesterday because my mother was deliberating whether to invite my dad to my grandma's (his XMIL's) 100th birthday party.  My brother and I almost simultaneously texted "And [his wife], too, right?"  I was girding for drama, but my mom just said "of course."  Should be interesting.
  • Options
    The grapevine is buzzing at work again, and it seems that I'm being heavily considered for a promotion.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that it would require a transfer, and H and I are just not in a position to even want to consider that at this point.  This is a position I really want, but H would have to quit his job (which he loves, and he's starting to really get noticed there), or we'd have to live in different states and deal with the mortgage AND rent until his company could transfer him (*if*), or he found something else and started over (which we really don't want, either).

The timing on this sucks, and I'm one of two potential candidates, but my boss is already talking about it like it's a done deal.  And I'm just not sure what I should say to these people if they actually approach me with an offer.  So, here I am, freaking out about a job offer which doesn't actually exist yet.  It's funny that last week I was freaking out about my "questionable work ethic."  I have no idea what is happening.

There is just not enough wine in the world for this hot mess.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

I'm the type of person that is always obsessing over something. I can't just regularly do/think about everything like a normal person, I have to pick one or two things to get all BSC over. Right now it's my credit. Which, unfortunately for my obsession, isn't something you just fix and move on. But now I'm focused on the best things to improve it. I'm determined to have an 800+ credit score.

Other than that, after research, I'm over the new car thing and will deal with mine at least another year. Which will be good since next year, the only "potentially negative item" on my credit report will have fallen off.

I've never contacted MIL (or any other of H's family) on her birthday. I bet she loves that in a hate kind of way so she has another reason to hate me. I don't think she's ever called me either.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

Things here have been off.

We've been busy with kid stuff every night.  Which is great; we love seeing them do their things.  But the house is suffering.  I am trying to catch up on laundry today and hope to clean at least a little after I get some work done.

My grandma has been in and out of the hospital for almost a month (currently on her 7th day in ICU and while there nearly passed away from a diabetic coma over the weekend).  She battled pneumonia and then low blood pressure.  I feel awful and can't go see her because I'm still sickish.  I have been trying to comfort my mom over the phone but I feel really bad about not being there.  I hope I feel better by this weekend so I can go see her.

• Options
    I'm sorry @tawillers I hope she starts doing better soon. 

Packing sucks. That's all I got for today. At least I have Gilmore Girls on Netflix to get me through. 
  • Options
    I'm starting to hate large event special planning.  It wouldn't be so bad if previous chair had done their job.  Of course, that's why previous chair quit.  The city permit is going to be the death of me and my co-chair.  The city is being great working with us though, so that's a huge plus in my column.

I'm tired today.  Trying to finish a huge work project.  Too much stuff going on.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Taw!  T+P's all around. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry, taw.  I hope things improve with your grandma.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @tawillers I hope things improve, and if nothing else, you get well enough to be able to see her this weekend.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    I'm sorry taw. That's got to be really tough. 

@charlotte989875 what part of Ohio are you?  I'm in Columbus. 
  • Options
    @6fsn moving to Toledo on Sunday from North Carolina. We've never lived in Ohio and were really looking forward to it. 
  • Options
    What is it with this week?  My days are all off too, and I could have sworn today was Thursday. 

This week started slow, but has turned super busy.  I was supposed to go out of town for work today, and worked my ass off yesterday to prepare for it, but I didn't get a letter for the project that I need in order to do my out of town stuff.  So, I'm in the office today.  Which is good because a different project turned super high priority today, so I need to be here busting my ass on that that one today. The bad thing is that I have meetings Thursday, Friday, Monday, and Tuesday, so it will be at least a week before I can get back to the out of town project (assuming I have that stupid letter by then), but it needs to be done ASAP. There is just TOO much to do and not enough hours... or enough energy.

I took my dog to the vet yesterday because he's been showing some signs of pain and distress since last week.  He seems mostly okay, but won't jump on anything and just sits there whining until we lift him up.  Vet says that he looks fine systemically and can't feel any breaks or major structural concerns.  Didn't find any spots that were super sensitive to touch.  So, we spent $60 to be told that it's most likely just a pulled muscle and they gave us a prescription for NSAID pain reliever (doggie ibuprofen). I do take some comfort in them saying that it doesn't seem to be anything more serious though.  We generally go with the theory that if dogs are having a problem, unless it's obviously serious, we wait 4-5 days.  If they aren't showing improvement, or especially if it seems worse, then we will call the vet to get it checked.

• Options
    kindergarten orientation was today, so Wolverine got to see her new school. she may test into 1st, but we'll play it by ear if that happens. i was surprised how open the floor plan was for the school. the classrooms were partitioned off, but not individual rooms. everything was centered around the library, which was a big open room in the center of the school. she was excited, so hopefully she'll have the same enthusiasm in August. 

also, on the name front: "Jurney"  .. ok, then. 
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone.  She had a much better day yesterday and my mom was very happy with how she was doing.  Here's hoping she continues on this path.
  • Options
    @6fsn moving to Toledo on Sunday from North Carolina. We've never lived in Ohio and were really looking forward to it. 
    You're basically moving to Michigan....Toledo is just another suburb of Detroit;).

@Tawillers, glad to hear she's doing better!!  Hope you're well enough to see her soon too.
  • Options

Today is my birthday. FI sent beautiful flowers to me at work. We aren't doing a birthday dinner tonight because I have bunco. So we will do it this weekend when we go to Cali to finish packing up my mom's store and house. I'll get to see my MOH. I haven't done anything birthday wise with her in 15 years :o

FI is adjusting to his crew moving down to where I work. We had lunch together yesterday. It was kinda nice.

Other than that, I've got nothing else going on.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happy birthday!! @ChelleJayne
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2016
    *Barbie* said:
    kindergarten orientation was today, so Wolverine got to see her new school. she may test into 1st, but we'll play it by ear if that happens. i was surprised how open the floor plan was for the school. the classrooms were partitioned off, but not individual rooms. everything was centered around the library, which was a big open room in the center of the school. she was excited, so hopefully she'll have the same enthusiasm in August. 

also, on the name front: "Jurney"  .. ok, then. 
    My elementary school was kind of like that.  It was 2 stories and the second story was open to the middle.  The middle of the school was like an atrium and the library was in the middle.  Most of the classrooms were bordered around the library and then the gym/art/music/cafeteria were in their own wing off to the side.  Kindergarten had it's own wing on the opposite side of the school from the gym and stuff.  1st/2nd/3rd grade classrooms were downstairs and 4th/5th were upstairs.  It opened the year I started KG. 

It was (is?) a great school set up.  They put the fear of God into us to stay quiet in the halls since it was open to the library. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    I had to think really, really hard to remember my elementary school.  They never got permits to run the lunchroom so that became the library and we ate in the classrooms.  6 classrooms total.  There are more kids in 6let's 1st grade than my entire k-5 combined.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @ChelleJayne!

• Options
    I adored my elementary and remember loads about it.  I suspect b/c I moved away from it once and b/c it was the happiest in my childhood I probably ever was.

It was Harrison Elementary.  

My kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Baker, first grade was Ms. Davis (she was mean), I moved for second and 3rd grade was Mrs. Jones.  

We had too many kids, so oftentimes we would have 2 grades in one class, so one half would get a lesson while the other did schoolwork, then traded.  

It's also where I misspelled my first word on a spelling quiz and I was devastated (been was the word) in the second grade. Come to think of it, i can't call Ms. Davis too mean, b/c she was really sweet to me as I was sobbing at my desk.  

Also, no one brought their lunches ever, b/c our main cook was the former head chef for the state Governor's mansion and our lunches were amazing.

My parents wouldn't let me pierce my ears, so I stuck some sort of bead in my ear as "earrings" one day after school.  My dad had to come get me and take me to the ER to get it out.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards