Wedding Woes
Options

In the friendzone #2

Dear Prudence,
I fell in love with a co-worker and kept the feelings to myself for one year. She is single, and I am separated. Recently I talked to her about how I feel—we are friends and have known each other for more than 10 years—and she listened and understood but did not reciprocate my feelings. We keep being friends, but I am tremendously jealous when she talks in a friendly manner to other male co-workers. Even though I know she does not love me, I still like her a lot and cannot avoid feeling jealous. Should I talk to her about my jealousy? For work reasons, I cannot (and don’t want to) avoid her completely. Should I learn to live with the jealously?

—Jealous at Work

Re: In the friendzone #2

• Options
    Honestly I would recommend counselling or finding a new job if possible. If LW is getting jealous when she talks to other men then something has to change and it's nothing that can be accomplished by talking to her. She's doing nothing wrong. I don't think it's healthy to live with that kind of jealousy either. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly I would recommend counselling or finding a new job if possible. If LW is getting jealous when she talks to other men then something has to change and it's nothing that can be accomplished by talking to her. She's doing nothing wrong. I don't think it's healthy to live with that kind of jealousy either. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yah this isn't cool. I would assume (hope?) she is aware and has told HR about his creepiness because that's the person who really needs advice here. What did Prudie say?
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd like to see what Prudie had to say on this @mrs.conn23

LW is a classic case, and I agree with PP that his behaviour sounds like it belongs at the start of an episode of Without a Trace. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards