Wedding Reception Forum

Honoring My Sister

Just would like some ideas or feedback....... So my Mother passed and father and I basically have very little family on my end. My sister and MOH has worked her butt off helping me with this wedding and coordinating things with the BM. She has really been my support system and I couldn't be luckier to have her. 
I will not be doing a father /daughter dance.....which is fine...Is it weird to dance with my sister? Is there a way i can honor her at my reception? Of course during the rehearsal dinner I plan to thank her (along with everyone) for everything they have done to make our dream wedding come true.

Re: Honoring My Sister

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    To be honest, I think in your situation I'd skip spotlight dances other than you with the groom. (This doesn't apply to any spotlight dances he wants to do with his mother or other close female relatives.)  

Of course, you can still dance with your sister, but I think making it a spotlight dance will cause guests who know about your situation (some of whom may be missing your parents too) to feel grief and sorrow if they knew them. And other guests may ask awkward questions about it. Even if that doesn't happen, guests probably prefer not to sit through extra spotlight dances and other "command attention" programmed moments.
  • Thank you you guys are right! I will honor my sister at the rehearsal dinner and at the wedding Ken will dance with me then his mom and that is it:) The wedding is a happy time and a time to celebrate I will pull my sister over the day before the wedding to also thank her and let her know how much I appreciate her Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards