Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Vows (WIP)

Hello all. I'm still at a struggle for my vows. I have this so far, and not sure if it would be good to just end it here, or add in a few more lines. Any feedback is appreciated, thank you!

I vow to always be not only your loving partner, but your loyal best friend, and to be your light in the dark when it get's too hard to see.
I promise to support you when the world gets too hard, and be the safe place you come home to.
I promise to not sweat the small stuff, like laundry piles and sandwich crumbs.
I promise to keep your life exciting and make marriage our biggest adventure, not our final adventure.
And lastly, I promise to love you for not only this life, but for all of eternity. And remember, you are not alone.

Re: Vows (WIP)

• Hello all. I'm still at a struggle for my vows. I have this so far, and not sure if it would be good to just end it here, or add in a few more lines. Any feedback is appreciated, thank you!

I vow to always be not only your loving partner, but your loyal best friend, and to be your light in the dark when it get's too hard to see.
    I promise to support you when the world gets too hard, and be the safe place you come home to.
    I promise to keep your life exciting and make marriage our biggest adventure, not our final adventure.
    And lastly, I promise to love you for not only this life, but for all of eternity. And remember, you are not alone.
    Take out the bolded, and the rest is fantastic.
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Hello all. I'm still at a struggle for my vows. I have this so far, and not sure if it would be good to just end it here, or add in a few more lines. Any feedback is appreciated, thank you!

Take out the bolded, and the rest is fantastic.
    I agree.
  • Tyvm said:
    Yeah, I mean, I'm not even sure you could hold yourself to the vow of "I promise not to sweat the small stuff". Maybe replace it with something about communication instead? Small stuff will bother you, but it's how you handle *that* that matters...

SITB

So true, @Tyvm.
  • In my vows, I said something to the effect of, "I promise to try to be more patient, but know that if I fail, you are still heard and understood."  I'm a hothead, so I made sure that I didn't promise anything I'd fail to keep within the first weeks of marriage.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards