Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Envelope and Reservation Card Don't Match

I have an actual "asking for a friend" question. I've been invited to a high school friend's wedding with my SO named on the invitation, all well and good. However, another single friend of mine received an invitation as well. On the envelope, it says "Ms. Jane Smith and Guest", but on the reservation card, it only has one line for a name "M_____ accepts/declines", that's all it says. 

It is a destination wedding (in the country, but a plane ride away), so she would prefer to bring a guest if she can, but isn't sure if one is actually invited or not. We both have a bit of a Facebook-friendly relationship with the bride at this point, but were very close once upon a time (10 years ago). What would you do in this situation? She feels awkward contacting the bride, but wouldn't want to just put her guest's name down if one is not actually invited.

Re: Envelope and Reservation Card Don't Match

• Options
    The M______ line does not mean that only one seat is reserved. It's the generic line. 

Her guest is invited. 
    Ha! I feel dumb, I probably should have known that, thank you! I've only ever seen it with two lines. So she would put just her name down and then bring her guest? Or both names?

• Options
    ernursej said:
    The M______ line does not mean that only one seat is reserved. It's the generic line. 

Her guest is invited. 
    Ha! I feel dumb, I probably should have known that, thank you! I've only ever seen it with two lines. So she would put just her name down and then bring her guest? Or both names?

Put down both names.
    Thanks for all your help! I will let her know

• Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I didn't get that either when I first received an RSVP card that said that (just the one line with "M_____".  In fact, I feel like I asked a similar question here (years ago).  

SaveSave
  • Options
    Yeah, I believe you fill it in like, "Ms. Firstname Lastname and Mr/Ms. GuestFirstName GuestLastName"

• Options
    Yeah, I believe you fill it in like, "Ms. Firstname Lastname and Mr/Ms. GuestFirstName GuestLastName"

Right, so it's gender- and marital status-neutral. The only omission would be professional titles (Dr., Reverend, etc.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards