Wedding Woes

Thursday

I just read the first two Prudie letters.  They are absolutely ridiculous.  Happy day.  :D 

I was off work yesterday.  My mom and I took DefConn to a local farm for the morning and we had lunch in the restaurant there.  I got a chicken/kale wrap thing.  It was the best tasting chicken I've ever had. 

One week until vacation.  I am so ready for it.  I've done nothing to prepare though.  I started packing a month prior to last year's vacation.  This year...not so much.  

OHH!  And I've been using a new hair trick to curl my hair (which I'm sure you've seen/read about online)...I spray my hair lightly with hair spray and pull it into a high ponytail without too many hairs escaping.  I section the ponytail and then curl each section.  I take it down and curl anything that's fallen out or isn't as curly as the rest of my hair.  It takes less than half the time of trying to curl it when it's down and also, my hair takes better when I haven't washed.  It's a great way to get volume on day-old hair.  :D 
ShesSoColdbleve0821

Re: Thursday

• I need to try new things with my hair. For some reason it makes me nervous and I give up easily.

H and I have an out of town wedding this weekend for his cousin on his mom's side. I have only met one of H's aunts/uncles on that side. And there are nine more, plus the grandma. And knowing how MIL loves to talk, loves to talk shit and loves to talk about how wonderful she is, I'd bet money that all her siblings have heard quite a bit about me. So I'm half nervous, half DGAF.

My car has been making weird noises and is really floaty at high speeds so luckily my dad's neighbor is going to look at it this weekend while we're gone. Hopefully it's an easy fix. I think H is going to take it to Jeep for an oil change tonight and see if they say anything about it.

At the risk of being an 80 year old woman, I bought a paid of Vionics (used to be orthaheel) sandals. I'd seen them on QVC and tried them on at  DSW. They're not particularly cute but I LOVE THEM. So much better on my hips than the $1 old navy flip flips.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
    mrsconn23
  • I need to try new things with my hair. For some reason it makes me nervous and I give up easily.

I'm terrible at hair.  When we used to put DefConn's hair in a ponytail (when he'd let us), DH did a frillion times better than I ever could. 

Curling hair has always been the bane of my existence because I could never get it to look decent.  One side was always flatter than the other and trying to get the back was always a crapshoot. 

I have shoulder length hair.  I've done this trick 3 or 4 times now and my hair has turned out better each time.  It's such an easy way to get a cute style. 
  • I don't own a curling iron and have never used one myself. My hair is long and straight, down to about the small of my back. It gets really oily if not washed so literally my only four hair styles EVER are just straight and down, ponytail, side braid and a bouffant/messy bun thing that is not even a little bit cute but gets it out of the way.

My sister puts some crap in wet hair, scrunches it, goes to bed and wakes up with nice curly waves. I keep meaning to try that.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
    mrsconn23
  • My sister puts some crap in wet hair, scrunches it, goes to bed and wakes up with nice curly waves. I keep meaning to try that.

My hair is wavy-curly (more wavy than curly).  After I shower (in the morning), I scrunch Bed Head Hi-Def Curls spray in my hair and just let it air dry, and then run my fingers through it.  It has changed my life. 

Wooz and I have been playing around with her hair lately, with varying degrees of success. ;)

Swim practice was cancelled last night, and the timing wasn't ideal.  Lightning struck while we were changing, so when we arrived all was well, and by the time we left the locker room, they were shutting down.  We were going to hang around, because they can reopen 30 minutes after the last lightning strike, which would have only pushed practice back by 15 minutes.  Pool deck was closed, we went to the car to eat, and a huge, loud lightning bolt struck near enough that I jumped.  Wooz was rattled, the sky was looking awful, so we bailed.  Forecast calls for an 80% chance of storms today, so we'll see about practice tonight.
    ShesSoCold
  • I have a training session that starts at 10:35a.  It's also supposed to last through 12:45.

A) Random time and B ) right through lunch, really? 
    Heffalump
  • I have a training session that starts at 10:35a.  It's also supposed to last through 12:45.

Just yesterday, I saw a catering truck that said "The most important part of a lunch meeting...is the lunch."  I thought "Someone needs to tell my company that."
    ShesSoColdmrsconn23charlotte989875
  • Heffalump said:
    I have a training session that starts at 10:35a.  It's also supposed to last through 12:45.

Just yesterday, I saw a catering truck that said "The most important part of a lunch meeting...is the lunch."  I thought "Someone needs to tell my company that."
    Doesn't matter in my case, as I work from home.  :D

Yes, I can get up and get something to eat.  But I like to workout on my lunch break and then eat.  I guess I'll be making a protein shake. 
    Heffalump
  • I had jelly beans and a donut for breakfast.  No regrets.

...Some regrets.

I have super long wavy hair, and it's THICK (growing up, I used to pretend I was a blonde Hermione, it was so bushy... I'm only a little ashamed to admit sometimes I still pretend).  I am not coordinated enough to curl it nicely, so I usually just french braid it while wet and let it out the next morning to get pretty waves.  I will definitely have to try the ponytail trick, @mrs.conn23.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• We're supposed to get another round of severe storms today, so I might be heading home at lunch. I don't want to get stranded or have to drive halfway around the city to get home, and my route already has areas with some water on the road. (It's only on 1/3 lanes, but still...)

Pens won game #2 last night, so only 2 to go to win the cup. It's been an exciting year.

Wolverine has her official Kindergarten graduation this weekend, so we'll be doing that on Saturday. Otherwise, nothing else planned. I would like to get moving on booking our trip to PA to visit the families, but am holding off because of the job/interview situation. 
  • I have curly/wavy hair that is fine and thick.  It's like a trifecta of "hard to deal with crap".  I use a diffuser to get about half way dry after showering, then spray the hell out of it with Aussie's scrunch spray.  It finishes air drying and it amps the curly part up w/out weighing it down or making it crunchy. 

I'm glad tomorrow is Friday.  I got nothing else.
    charlotte989875
  • This training is a brain drain. 

The most exciting thing that has happened is a bird just flew into my window and died.  It scared the crap out of me. 
  • Mr. No's interview is in an hour.  I can't focus, and not even Prudie is helping.  The
    soon rocky horror picture show anticipation the rocky horror picture show tim curry
    is killing me.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

charlotte989875mrsconn23HeffalumpVarunaTT
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Good luck to Mr. No

Day 3 of the patio and I'm so excited!! We have steps and they're laying out the border now.  They took down the willow tree and laid out the new flower beds too and did all of the grading.  It looks SOOOOOO nice.

I've got peach salsa canning and a bunch of pork in crock pots for dinner tonight and pulled pork this summer.

6let has soccer try outs tonight and tomorrow.  I'm not sure how I'm feeling about this.  I had to explain that he could be cut and TWO NIGHTS of tryouts.  He's seven. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Oh and I've been trying to switch some of my products for more natural ones.  I've been using Garnier on my hair for a decade plus.  The new shampoo should be in soon and I'm curious how my curls/not curls will respond.
  • Mr. No's interview is in an hour.  I can't focus, and not even Prudie is helping.  The
    soon rocky horror picture show anticipation the rocky horror picture show tim curry
    is killing me.
    Tell him "Break a leg!" and then think to yourself "No, really."
    bleve0821ILoveBeachMusic
  • My hair is that awful nothing state of too frizzy to be straight, but too straight to be properly wavy. Plus it's very fine but there is so bloody much of it. It's ginger though, so the colour makes up for the poor quality! Sea salt spray changed my life. I towel dry for longer than I want to, then spray and scrunch. Beachy waves even when it is grey and raining in London town.

I'm travelling for work again so I've still got a weeks worth of living out of hotels and killing time in airports to go. I do love that travel is part of my job, I'm very lucky, but right now it's all the time and it's taking its toll. I really just want to be at home, pottering around in the garden. 

VarunaTT
  • It's the second day of June and my car ran out of freon on the way home. My mechanic can't see me until maybe Monday evening. :'(
  • It's the second day of June and my car ran out of freon on the way home. My mechanic can't see me until maybe Monday evening. :'(

DIY!  Super easy to fix yourself! The challenge is if you've got a leak somewhere...

DH just told me "Oh - there's a shower on Saturday" for a cousin of his...  Then "I don't know any of the details or if you're invited or .. "... O.k. that helps...  And his side does things differently (some showers are female first-cousins only, no spouses of male cousins, and others are free for all gatherings)..  He's all "I can call to find out if you're invited if you want to go!" <Face palm>

• edited June 2016
    Happy Thursday, y'all. 

I'm late to the party, but anyone who knows me in real life would say that comes as no surprise. 

Work has been crazy this week. The end of the month is crazy for everyone in my office except for post closing (where I am), and the beginning of the month is crazy for post closing. So, while basically drowning in files this week, my teammate and I have also had to deal with bored coworkers strolling in and out of our office wanting to chit chat. Pair that with my summer cold and my coworker catching my summer cold and you have a disaster. It's been so hard to get anything done. 

@mrs.conn23 I tried that technique when my hair was long and it is awesome!!! It's even better if you have a wand. Sea salt spray is also a game changer. I buy Not Your Mothers brand. It's cheap, works great, and smells nice and beachy. 

ETA- DH also caught my cold. So now I have to listen to him whine from hundreds of miles away. One minute he is pitiful, the next minute (when I get worried about him, mind you) he's all "what? It's just a cold." 
    Oh brother. See if I pity you anymore, DH. 

• I have thick hair that is sometimes wavy and usually just wash and straighten the first day and then throw up in a pony on the second. I should really try some other styles, but I'm chickenshit and know that my routine takes x time which is helpful when I have to be at work for 7am.

FI and I went out to dinner and I had just enough wine to make me feel warm. It is a great feeling ... except for the fact that I was planning on reviewing the material that I had to teach tomorrow. Blast it.

H and I have an out of town wedding this weekend for his cousin on his mom's side. I have only met one of H's aunts/uncles on that side. And there are nine more, plus the grandma. And knowing how MIL loves to talk, loves to talk shit and loves to talk about how wonderful she is, I'd bet money that all her siblings have heard quite a bit about me. So I'm half nervous, half DGAF.

My car has been making weird noises and is really floaty at high speeds so luckily my dad's neighbor is going to look at it this weekend while we're gone. Hopefully it's an easy fix. I think H is going to take it to Jeep for an oil change tonight and see if they say anything about it.

At the risk of being an 80 year old woman, I bought a paid of Vionics (used to be orthaheel) sandals. I'd seen them on QVC and tried them on at  DSW. They're not particularly cute but I LOVE THEM. So much better on my hips than the $1 old navy flip flips.

I have two pair of orthoheels that are pretty cute. One is a kind of flipflop - the only sandals I can comfortably wear with a toe thong! I've had both pairs a couple of years. I looked at newer styles on zappos and didn't like any of them - boo.
  • MesmrEwe said:
    It's the second day of June and my car ran out of freon on the way home. My mechanic can't see me until maybe Monday evening. :'(

DIY!  Super easy to fix yourself! The challenge is if you've got a leak somewhere...

DH just told me "Oh - there's a shower on Saturday" for a cousin of his...  Then "I don't know any of the details or if you're invited or .. "... O.k. that helps...  And his side does things differently (some showers are female first-cousins only, no spouses of male cousins, and others are free for all gatherings)..  He's all "I can call to find out if you're invited if you want to go!" <Face palm>

Lol no. Aside from the fact that yeah, it's probably leaking since this is the third refill in about 4 years, the only way to get to the connection is under the wheel well and I am not anywhere near that handy when it comes to cars.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards