Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday

Morning! 

Yesterday was fucking ROUGH. I'm no spring kitten anymore, that's for sure. Thank goodness I wasn't drinking at the concert or getting through the day yesterday would have been impossible. 

I was asleep before 8pm last night and I'm still tired today but it's normal-tired so it's bearable. 

I need to make a food shopping list for H to handle when he gets home from work. I have a wax appointment tonight and then I finally get to vote in the primary! 

I have steak marinating for dinner and H and I have 2 episodes left in GOT season 2 so I hope we can watch those before bed. 

I realized last night that Thursday is 9 years that H and I have been together (aka our first time hanging out/kissing/boning)! NINE YEARS. Holy shit?! I can't even comprehend that. We're going to see the Conjuring 2 lol 

Re: Tuesday

• @Swazzle Wow 9 years! That's awesome.

Last night I got home and hung out on the couch for a bit. We grilled steak and watched GOT. Nothing too fancy at all. 

Today is much of the same. I just want to get through the day since I have tomorrow off. 

That's all I've got.
    friends tv show funy
  • @LizzyTish88 - How far into GOT are you? I'm so jealous of your day off tomorrow! 

@jenna8984 - Glad Baby is doing great in there and you had a nice shower! I cleaned cat puke off the couch yesterday morning. I swear that they throw up on anything EXCEPT the hardwood floor on (where cleaning would be easiest) on purpose. 

• @Swazzle We are halfway through season 4. I'm sure we will be watching some tomorrow too. The season 2 finale was awesome! Also season 3 has been the best so far so you have some good ones coming up!

@jenna8489 Glad baby looks good, and you had a great shower. What was your favorite gift?
    friends tv show funy
  • @lizzytish88 did you say that you watch America's Got Talent? Did you see Friday's episode? There was a 13 year old girl who sang opera and I was literally bawling because she was just so good and moving and she was crying at her standing ovation. It was emotional hahah

@swazzle SO true!

• @jenna8984 Was Friday a re-run of Tuesday? If so then yes we saw her and she was awesome!!! Can't wait to watch tonight's. We love that show.
    friends tv show funy
  • @labro Have you been there before? That trip looks incredible!

@PamBeesly524 No plans yet. Maybe just running errands and BF has to pack. We have some guys staying at our house tomorrow night because early Thursday morning they are all heading to Myrtle Beach for a Bachelor party. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @labro - Ugh I was so annoyed when I woke up and saw that but I'm still going to vote and I'm still excited about it! Fucking CNN. I am soooo excited for your Norway trip! 

• @LizzyTish88 That sounds really nice - I need to learn to take more vacation days with no plans instead of running around like crazy on my days off. I'm planning on taking a week of in August and so far I only have plans for the first weekend of it, so hopefully H and I can relax and take some day trips to the beach or something.

@labro wow that's amazing! And you know it will all be fantastic since they live there and know what's a must see and what isn't.

• @lizzytish88 oh yea it probably was from Tuesday, I have never seen the show, just stumbled across it and now I'm definitely going to keep watching. I don't know if I have a favorite gift, just everything! lol

@labro Nursery is basically done. We have the decals, and the crib, and the dresser. Waiting to get the glider from my friend, and we really don't have any other décor that we're going to put up. Pretty much everything I received will be stored other places (like bath stuff/towels/diapers, swing in living room, toy chest and bookshelf in basement playroom). Wow, you're going to see all that?! how many different hotels will you stay at along the way? Will be so awesome. I stopped in Oslo for one day on a cruise so I don't remember too much except that it was beautiful.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @PamBeesly524 Well I vote manicure instead of running in the rain. ;)

@Jenna8984 The whole thing is like 16 nights, there were will be some overlap/some 2 night stays in a couple of places like Stavanger where our tour begins and ends but otherwise It think we'll be in different hotels every night.

• @cu97tiger Want to pass some of that workout motivation my way? I'm LACKING today. Sorry if I've missed you mention it in the past, but where are you going on vacation? I think I'm just going to live through you/ @labro / @Swazzle as you're all going to fabulous places in the next year or so.
  • labrolabro member
    @cu97tiger Busy vacations are my life. :) It'll be a LOT of roadtripping for sure. H and I have two different vacation "languages". I'm all about go go go, see all the things, be everywhere at once, and H likes to just sit back and relax.

Congrats on killing your workout today!!

• @PamBeesly524 - We're going to the 1000 Islands in upstate NY. My parents had a cottage there when I was growing up, but I haven't been there in 15 years. They are renting the same cottage we used to rent, and H and I are renting another cottage on the same island. I CANNOT wait. Google 'Wintergreen Island 1000 Islands' for some good pics ;)
    @labro - I like a good balance. Busy is good for a few days but I also like to relax on my vacations! How is H feeling about this one since it's so go go go?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• labrolabro member
    @cu97tiger He seems pretty excited about it. I think he recognizes it as something outside of our vacation norms so it won't necessarily be 100% what he wants in one of our typical vacations. This is going to use up all of my annual vacation so I really want to make the most of it.

• @Swazzle 9 years! Wow congrats :smiley: 

@jenna8984 glad everything is going great and I am giggling at your cat. I think it's reminding you that he's actually your baby ;)

@labro your trip sounds amazing! And envious of your ability to WFH lol

@cu97tiger could it be no 'fucs' are given until vacation? ;) lol

FYI Rant/Vent/Bitching:
    Last night was just a total frustration. The house we're buying is with a condo corp, and for those who aren't familiar with that, when you buy you have to get a status certificate. That tells you about the house, the condo corp, etc. Make sure they have money and all that fun stuff since you're paying condo fees.
    Anyways, found out there's a special assessment (which the sellers should have mentioned when we were looking at the house)
    Couple years ago, the sewers backed up in our area and caused flooding. There was no flood in our place but they had to cut into the basement and fix pipes.
    Fine.
    So lawyer gets status certificate, sees the assessment. He has a few questions, so wants to find out. Meanwhile our realtor isn't thrilled and is going to talk to other realtor about this. If the condo fees presented include the assessment fee, that's fine. If not, we have 3 options
    - lower mortgage price by amount
    - have sellers pay it ($7,200 because it's $121 for 60 months)
    - walk

*sigh*

/rant
  • @wink0erin  That's a wonderful yet awkward idea! I'm sure you deserve the recognition :)
  • labrolabro member
    edited June 2016
    @eilis1228 Well technically genetically I already am part Viking ;) This is really just a trip back to my roots.

ETA: I hope you fall in love with Charleston! How long will you be there for? It's one of my favorite weekend getaway destinations!

• @labro We are going Thursday, July 28 (your birthday!) thru Monday, August 1. I've never been-- do you have any recommendations? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @AlPacina That gif is everything to me today. I'm at the point of actually doing work to try to get the day to go by faster!!
    friends tv show funy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards