Wedding Woes

Wednesday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited June 2016 in Wedding Woes
If we were operating on a three strikes system, DH would be out. 

1) We dropped my car off in the morning for an oil change/tire rotation with the intent of getting it when I got off work.  He said he wanted to get his hair cut before we went to pick up my car. DefConn took a nap on the couch yesterday, so he's wound up at this point.  I'm thinking it's going to be like, 15 min.  Nope, DH has to get the stupid MVP at SportClips, so we're there for almost an hour with no snacks or entertainment for DefConn.  I don't mind that he gets the MVP, but he needs to do that shit on his own time. 

2) He and I were cleaning out the car last night.  He's such a perfectionist (with our 6 year old car that has kids in the backseat trashing it all the live long day) that he started wiping shit down that I'd already wiped down because it wasn't 'good enough'.  I walked away at that point. Also, he got all nitpicky about our blinds not being all the way down in the living room or some such shit, and was all, "Help me out and do it this way."  I gave him an earful about how he doesn't always respect my petty, nitpicky stuff, so I'll try.  But since it doesn't bother me, I really don't care. 

3) A pen exploded in his shorts Friday night. He tried to save them and in the process stained the top of the washer and the inside of the dryer.  I told him to throw the shorts away and I would get him a new pair (they are $15 Union Bay shorts from Costco).  I just tried to scrub the dryer with no luck.  If my load in there gets stained, I will kill him. 

Anyway,  I just have to make to 11:30am with work tomorrow and it's time to GTFO.  

On a good note, I made an order on Friday hoping it was enough time to get here before we leave.  It was scheduled for delivery tomorrow. It was stuck in CA and they removed my arrival time with a 'TBD' yesterday, but I just checked my tracking and it's being delivered today. w00t!

Re: Wednesday

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It's 55 and we have swim lessons.  Then we're going shopping for decorations for my mom's 70th birthday party.  We're also going to make some cookies and protein balls, play video games.

Yesterday was my sort of  perfect weather.  We spent the afternoon at a local botanical gardens.  They do a great program for the kids then we spent well over an hour walking around and exploring.  The kids easily walked over a mile with zero fuss.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2016
    I just tried to scrub the dryer with no luck.  If my load in there gets stained, I will kill him.
    Grrrrrrr.  Have you tried Magic Eraser?  I'm sure there is something it can't remove, but TBH, I haven't found it yet.

Tomorrow is Wooz's last day of school, and she asked if she can skip swim practice tomorrow evening.  I'm kind of over it at this point anyway, so I said okay.  So it looks like tonight is our last evening swim practice this season, because next week they switch to mornings for 2 weeks.

S/O orders not shipping, Shutterfly has had Wooz's invitations and TY cards for almost a week, and they still haven't shipped.  I hope they're not balking because they're Frozen characters, but if they are, I wish they'd just reject them already.  I don't love Kinkos/Staples/etc., but if I have to take them there I will.  Maybe the pearl paper is holding them up?  IDK.  I'm waiting on Live Chat now...

ETA:  number 22 in the queue.  :\
  •  I just tried to scrub the dryer with no luck.  If my load in there gets stained, I will kill him. 
    Try some hair spray or rubbing alcohol on a rag and scrub, that might take it off.  If there is some left in the dryer drum, I would also run an empty load or just an old towel before putting in a load of good clothes.  (But I just re-read your post and sounds like you already have another load in there)
  • MNNEBride said:
     I just tried to scrub the dryer with no luck.  If my load in there gets stained, I will kill him. 
    Try some hair spray or rubbing alcohol on a rag and scrub, that might take it off.  If there is some left in the dryer drum, I would also run an empty load or just an old towel before putting in a load of good clothes.  (But I just re-read your post and sounds like you already have another load in there)
    Yeah, I should have done that...but I'm impulsive, especially when irritated.  :)  Good news is, the load was fine. :D  DH is spared. ;) 
    MNNEBrideShesSoColdkimmiinthemitten
  • I woke up feeling mildly better but have not improved throughout the day. Everyone at work today is useless. It doesn't help that we don't have what we need in order to do anything but our motivation was low to begin with. Apparently, last week was equally slow. I am afraid for the next two weeks. :(
  • Heffalump said:
    Grrrrrrr.  Have you tried Magic Eraser?  I'm sure there is something it can't remove, but TBH, I haven't found it yet.

Yeah, I usually have good luck with Magic Eraser also.  For really tough stuff, I'll use it soaked with vinegar and that usually works.  Or maybe try nail polish remover... that may work for ink stains.

• Heffalump said:

Yeah, I usually have good luck with Magic Eraser also.  For really tough stuff, I'll use it soaked with vinegar and that usually works.  Or maybe try nail polish remover... that may work for ink stains.
    I'll try all of that.  Now the question is, do I want to do it tonight before vacation or say 'screw it' and mess with it when I get back?  It's a tough call. 
  • I'm tired.  I ended up getting into an argument last night that wasn't my place to have and I should've kept my mouth shut.  Oh well.  I'm not all that sorry about it, but I'll play contrite.

I have a big assemble meeting tonight, where we're putting together the day of schedules for Pride.  I'm getting my favorite pizza place for all of us though, so it should be fun for that alone.

There are some times when the age difference between K and I shows up.  There's some drama in her life right now.  I want to be all, "Here's how you handle this shit."  Not my business, not my life, not my call.  GF, not former DH and not a kid for me to boss.  The one blessed thing about all of it is the drama is over in 7 weeks (she's in a competition) and we both want to say sayonara to the people.
  • Heffalump said:

I'll try all of that.  Now the question is, do I want to do it tonight before vacation or say 'screw it' and mess with it when I get back?  It's a tough call. 
    Wait til later. If it didn't bleed on to clothes it's not going to start so waiting won't be a problem (or at least that's what I would tell myself). You probably have enough to do before vacation without trying to clean that. 
    mrsconn23princessleia22
  • Heffalump said:

Wait til later. If it didn't bleed on to clothes it's not going to start so waiting won't be a problem (or at least that's what I would tell myself). You probably have enough to do before vacation without trying to clean that. 
    Right?!  I haven't packed a stitch of clothing for myself or DefConn.  I have at least 3 loads of laundry to fold.   I am normally someone who starts gathering a 'vacation pile' about 2 weeks in advance (last year, it was a month).  I started mine last week and it's puny.   Ah well. 
  • Porch light's on, but no one's home.  My head feels like it's been filled with cotton.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

VarunaTTmrsconn23
  • Heffalump said:

Right?!  I haven't packed a stitch of clothing for myself or DefConn.  I have at least 3 loads of laundry to fold.   I am normally someone who starts gathering a 'vacation pile' about 2 weeks in advance (last year, it was a month).  I started mine last week and it's puny.   Ah well. 
    I'm a last minute packer. I always tell myself I'll start packing weeks in advance and it never fails I always do it the night before. 
    mrsconn23
  • last minute dinner plans with 2 ladies that i haven't seen in ~10 years. (since college) should be fun catching up.
    mrsconn23MNNEBridekimmiinthemitten
  • For future reference, apparently soaking clothes in milk gets rid of ink stains. My friend accidentally had a pen explode on her scrubs the other day, and she tried everything to get the stain out. Then her housekeeper came over and soaked them in milk and that, out of all things, did the trick.

kimmiinthemittenmrsconn23
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards