Not Engaged Yet

AW: Did you miss me?

Ok I've got a week to review, this is going to be long:

Wednesday: My bf's brother told us not to get a rental car, so they picked us up from the airport that evening.  Our flight was delayed a half hour. By the time we landed it was around dinner so they took us to a place in San Marcos called, The Root Cellar.  I knew I'd be eating unhealthy all week, so that was salad night.  I did have a bourbon beer that was phenomenal though.

Thursday:  Bf's brother and his Fi worked from home so they could have extra time with us and we could use the car if we wanted to explore.  We got breakfast tacos (which my bf was obsessed with and had almost every morning).  We went to Texas State University and took a glass bottom boat tour.  It was a neat experience, and the water was so clear.  That night we went to The Salt Lick for dinner.  OMG all you can eat BBQ.  Granted, with Texas portions I could barely handle one plate of food.  I think the guys had 3 or 4 plates, but took the last one in a to go box.

Friday: Bf's brother and his Fi had to go into the office that day so we got to explore downtown Austin.  We started out taking a mini hike through a trail by their office.  At one point there was a huge snake and I legit ran away.  And then demanded we leave because I was not in hiking clothes.  Then we went to the botanical gardens.  There wasn't a lot of flowers in bloom, but it was still gorgeous.  The rose garden was my favorite spot.  Second was the Japanese tea garden.  I guess the fish are so used to people that they pop out of the water and come up right to you. After we finished walking through the garden we went to 6th street for a few drinks.  I had prickly pear margaritas (which became my drink of choice the rest of the trip).  We decided to grill at the house that night for dinner.  The weather decided otherwise.  About two minutes before we were about to bring the food out, it started pouring.  

in the Rose garden

watching all the fish pop out of the water towards me

Capitol building 

Saturday: We had tickets for the X games.  Spent about an hour there before yet again, the rain started. Since there was no shelter, we all got soaked.  They evacuated the entire arena.  We went back home, showered, warmed up, and had dinner.  While we were eating we saw that the competitions were back on.  Checked the weather, and looked clear, so we headed back out since we also had tickets for Blink 182.  The concert was awesome.  It was the first concert that I've been to as an adult that I knew the words to every single song.  Also felt like I was in middle school again.  We left the concert early to go to the airport to pick up my bf's cousin.

pre-rain

hiding during the storm (in a tent... yeah not a bright move)

Sunday:  We rented a 10 person speed boat for the day and went out on Canyon Lake. The guys all took turns wakeboarding, and a few of the girls took turns tubing.  I just wanted to drink and veg out, so I never left my spot at the front of the boat. After we returned the boat we went out to Rudy's (more BBQ) for dinner.

Monday: My bf, his cousin, and I drove down to San Antonio.  First we stopped at Donut 911.  I had french toast that was made out of a donut.  I could feel my arteries clogging, but it was so worth it. We explored The Alamo, and the historian in me had to spend forever reading every detail in the museum.  I'm pretty sure they wanted to kill me by the end.  After that we went over the river walk and had lunch at one of the restaurants on the water.  The waiter made me a giant bowl of guac (right in front of me).  And I mean me, I let my bf and his cousin each have a bite, and I ate the rest by myself with a few prickly pear margs.  That night we went to The Gristmill for dinner.  I had catfish and my bf had ribs, so we shared.  Did I mention we had a lot of good food?

In front of The Alamo

River Walk

Watching my server make my guac (they used smoked tomatoes, holy amazeballs)

Tuesday: We went out for brunch at South Congress Cafe.  I had crab cakes eggs benedict and a lot of mimosas.  My bf and his cousin had carrot cake french toast and smoked boar sausage.  After that we wandered around Austin.  And because this group loves weird things... we went to Voodoo donuts and behaved like little kids when they brought out the cock and balls donut.  That night the guys went golfing so we just spent the night vegging out.  When they got back we had a firepit and just lounged all night. 

Because who wouldn't giggle at that...

Cock and balls donut

Wednesday: My bf's cousin had a 6am flight, and ours was in the evening, so we relaxed most of the day and then packed.  Had a quick lunch then headed to airport.  Flight was delayed an hour and they over booked the flight and were asking for volunteers to be bumped.  If you volunteered and they needed to bump people, you'd get $800 in flight credits. So we volunteered and were given priority boarding plus drink tickets.  They ended up not needing to bump people so we got home last night around midnight.  I almost throat punched the guy sitting next to me who had no concept of personal space or plane etiquette. He and the women next to him all took off their shoes and were walking around the plane barefoot.  Even the flight attendants were making jokes about how disgusting it was to be barefoot on a plane.  

Sitting at airport sad to go home.

Oh, I'm covered in bug bites and scratches (their puppy has super sharps nails right now and she's a jumper).  Only minimally sunburned (win in my book).  But it was a great trip and I'm so glad that my bf got to spend a lot of time with his brother. 

Puppy nieces:

Re: AW: Did you miss me?

• @speakeasy14 Looks like you had an amazing time!! I have been to the Alamo and we went to all the same places for my cousin's wedding in Texas. The Gristmill??? OMG SO GOOD!!!!! Was the guac from Rita's? If so my family devoured it too when we were there! Also, really jealous of the X-games. BF would love something like that! So glad you had a great time!!
    friends tv show funy
  • @LizzyTish88 the place started with a B... let me see if I can find the name haha...Boudros 
  • I can't believe you came to San Antonio and didn't tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    J/K, looks like you guys had an awesome time and I approve of all of your food choices. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @speakeasy14 - Of course I missed you!!!!! And I've been trying not to text you since you were on vacation, haha. All that food sounds absolutely amazing! I did not know about the cock and balls donut! Out of everything I've heard about Voodoo Donuts, NO ONE has mentioned a dick shaped donut?!? That's BS. I'm seriously jealous of your X-games and concert experience. I love watching the X games when they're on tv.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    LOVE LOVE LOVE everything!!!

I also would've giggled at the cock and balls donut! That is hysterical!!

• @beachyone15 I figured you were at work and we were gone by 4. I promise next time I will make time for a g2g!!

@alpacina you could have texted me haha, it wasn't like I was out of the country.  Seriously they have cock & balls and tex ass donuts (which is the size of my head and shaped like a butt hahaha). That completely explains why you didn't tell me to get a dick donut! 
  • @speakeasy14 - Honestly, I didn't even know it existed outside of Portland! I let you down. I apologize.

• @speakeasy14, I'm jealous of Voodoo Donuts! 
  • AlPacina said:
    @speakeasy14 - Honestly, I didn't even know it existed outside of Portland! I let you down. I apologize.

• Is it BSC for me to say that I was hoping for a "AND THEN HE PROPOSED" at the end? Yes? Okay, I'll see myself out. 

If she hadn't sprung the trip on him a week in advance, I would agree. Haha. That would have been impressive!

I'm sure his upcoming experience on Fear Factor had his mind occupied!

• Welcome back! Sounds like an awesome trip!

• @GoldenPenguin hahaha if he would have planned that in a week (he only found out about the trip on the 25th) I'd be super impressed. He's been making random comments, so I know it's on his mind. I have a feeling that is going to be his payback prank for fear factor.
  • I'm really late to this but I don't care. Your trip sounded awesome and ALL THE FOOD! I want to eat it all now! 
  • @southernpeach89 I'm still in detox from all the food haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards