Wedding Party
Options

Did I do the right thing?

Hey guys I need some advice.

About 8 months ago my fiance and I were choosing our wedding party and knowing that my fiance didn’t have a lot of friends, he asked two guys to be his groomsmen that we had meet through some other friends. They accepted even though they are not that close to my fiance. Shortly after my fiance and I moved to a new city about 100 miles away and I could see he was getting frustrated that these guys weren’t making a large effort to keep up with him. One of the groomsmen is also getting married around the same time we are and had his bachelor party a couple of weeks ago, not inviting my fiance because he stated that he only invited his own groomsmen, which my fiance is not.  My fiance was hurt by this and decided that he needed to kick the other groom to be and his friend, the other groomsmen out of the wedding party because he felt like they had drifted apart.

We have a shower coming up in about two weeks and we didn’t want anything to be awkward so my fiance sent both guys a text stating that he felt there was some tension and that he was going to go ahead and kick them out of the wedding party and thanked them for originally saying yes. I also went ahead and sent a text to the groomsmans fiancee saying I was uninviting her from my bachelorette party and going to send her money back. I also told her I hoped there was no hard feelings. We didn’t want anything to be awkward at any of our showers, parties or the wedding itself so we went ahead and uninvited the two groomsmen and the fiancee to all wedding events including the wedding itself. Did we do the right thing?

I know people keep telling me its my wedding and we can do whatever we want but I’m just not sure.

Re: Did I do the right thing?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards