• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
New York-Long Island

Destination wedding

Anyone have any ideas on formalities for a wedding in the caribbean? I am kinda thinking casual. No bridesmaid dresses, not following typical tradtions. Any thoughts, ideas, experiences???

Re: Destination wedding

• nicole1125nicole1125 member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I have never been to one personally but my FI best friend's sister is doing that in May and she is doing it VERY casual. No wedding party at all, only immediate family going. She got a very simple dress (not even really a bridal dress just a pretty dress she saw in white) I think it's a great idea if you just want a small intament wedding. And it saves you lots of stress and $$ lol.....alot of places on the "Islands" there offer it and it's pretty easy to set up, I would just googl about it and call around, I think they are staying at Beaches in Turks and Caicos. GL :) and Congrats!!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a destination wedding in Islamorada Florida this past October. They had a small wedding party - 2 on each side but were family members only but didnt have matching dresses - they were whatever cocktail dresses the ladies would like to wear and the men wore matching kahki's and baby blue shirts. The bride wore a wedding dress and her FI wore a white suit and baby blue t-shirt and flip flops (it was ADORABLE). Guests wore whatever they wanted (however it was still a wedding so most ladies wore nice cocktail dresses however others were in shorts/shirts - no one wore a gown). I say your idea for casual is great because it lets people be comfortable in the heat. Best of Luck to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards