Wedding Woes
Options

People do know speaker phone is not private, right?

...or do they just not care?

Mr. No apparently completely bombed his interview (how the fuck do you mess up a behavioral interview where you know what kind of questions they're going to ask? Does he have zero life experience?). I knew it was going to be an interesting conversation when I heard my boss say to the other interview (on speaker, of course), "So... Mr. No came by this morning... looking for feedback on his interview," and the other guy LAUGHED and said, "And?"

Takeaway: it went badly.

Later, I overheard my boss discussing it with his boss. Also on speaker phone. I get the sense he's got major ragret over saying no to the position when it was first offered to him, and now he's whining about how he didn't get it even though he thinks he should have.  MINE, BITCH.

Apparently, it came out (among other things) in his interview that he didn't even want the job. Which everyone kind of knew because he turned it down initially, but why change your mind and waste everyone's time by forcing interviews if you really don't want it? Obviously he thought it was just going to be handed to him and is now struggling to accept it wasn't. Which I don't get because he didn't even want it! SO CONFUSED.

I'm sure the rest of the office is glad they were forced into doing the interviews, as badly as it sounds like his went, but the decsion was made weeks ago, so he needs to let it go. 

....and now Meghan Trainor is stuck in my head.

So my boss told his boss what happened in the two interviews and that I am far more qualified and that trumps seniority. He also said, "People get told no. No one gets every job they apply for. It's not the end of the world."

Obviously, my takeaway from all this is the shit-eating grin on my face and the impression that he's being a child. I don't know why he's pursuing this now, after everything has all but been set in stone, and why he hasn't let it go. I would have gotten interview feedback the day after I was told they had selected the other guy, congratulated him, which he never did to me, cried over a bottle of wine for like a day, and then moved on. He has obviously done none of those things, except maybe a lot of crying.

I can't help but feel like this is going to follow him for a long time, especially with all the talk I've been hearing this week. And while I'm happy I got the job, it's a little diminished now that I know the truth. I also feel kinda badly that I take so much pleasure in this gossip. I've never liked him, but he's not my enemy.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
--Philip Pullman

Re: People do know speaker phone is not private, right?

• Options
    But, but he said no! I don't get this guy at all. 

Also, don't feel anything but but awesome that you got the job. You were qualified and deserved it, even if Mr. No hadn't blown it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards