Coffee with sweeteners, dairy milk and soy milk
Iced tea with lemon, simple syrup, and artificial sweeteners
Very Berry Refresher
Water with lemon on the side (maybe a gallon or two of infused water in addition to plain)
Cheese and crackers tray
Vegetable trays with dip (including vegan dips)
Finger sandwiches: chicken salad, egg salad, tofu salad, cucumber-cream cheese, pimiento cheese
Wraps cut in thirds: Ham, turkey, roast beef, and roasted vegetable, plus a tray of gluten-free wraps with roasted vegetables
Mediterranean trays with hummus, baba ghanouj, stuffed grape leaves, and tabouli
"New York" deli trays with roast beef, corned beef, pastrami, and roast turkey for those who need something gluten-free with meat (I asked the deli manager at the grocery store and found out that all the meat is gluten-free) or just want something different; one with potato salad, one with coleslaw, hold the bread
Chocolate chip cookies (our nearby food service supply store has large boxes of ready-to-bake cookies)
Sheet cakes: one half-white and half-yellow, the other half-chocolate and half-red velvet, both with Bavarian cream filling and either white buttercream, white whipped satin, or Oreo whipped satin (I didn't know this was an option till today) icing
Vegan gluten-free chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing
Late afternoon snack:
1. We pushed the wedding back to October. Should we offer hot tea instead of or in addition to iced?
2. Should we bother with the infused water?
3. I was considering switching to mini croissant sandwiches instead of wraps (except for gluten-free, of course). The costs are comparable. What do you think guests would prefer?
4. Do you think the corned beef and pastrami are polarizing (I was never a fan of either even when I still ate red meat, but I know folks who would enjoy them. FW likes corned beef but not pastrami.)?
5. What flavors and/or icing would you pick for the cakes? Me, I'm all about the frosting regardless of type, and I know buttercream will hold up better if it's hot. Also, FW loves the Bavarian cream but I'm concerned about it in heat. (October weather in Ohio is weird.)
6. What do you think about the pizza?