Chit Chat

Strange Wedding Dreams

I had a dream last night that the photographer never showed up and we didn't notice until we were cutting the cake. We tried calling and she never showed up. It was weird, and I was strangely calm about it. My mom was freaking out in the dream though.
I've been pretty relaxed throughout wedding planning so it's odd to have an anxiety dream about it. Only 46 days left so maybe the excitement triggered it. 
Anyone else have weird dreams leading up to the wedding?

Re: Strange Wedding Dreams

• I dreamed I was going to walk down the aisle in my white terrycloth bathrobe.   
  • I've dreamt that I forgot my shoes, never bought FI's ring, missed my hair appointment. The only thing I haven't done is show up naked. I'm sure I'll have that dream tonight haha. 
  • I had tons of weird wedding dreams. In one I couldn't remember who I was marrying. In another, the DJ didn't show up. Another, my dress was a completely different (ugly) dress, but my mom and sister insisted that it was the dress I had actually picked out. 
  • I had a lot of weird wedding dreams. In the one I remember most vividly, we forgot to send invitations and only realized it the day of the wedding. Somehow, most people still showed up, but we were scrambling to print and send invites the day of.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a recurring dream where after H and I said our vows, we turned to face our guests for the first time as husband and wife - only to realize no one came - not even our parents!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I don't remember having any weird wedding dreams, but I did have a weird pregnancy one. The night before my first ultrasound I dreamt I went in and they said there were 5 in there. At my real ultrasound the next day I was like ummm are you sure there are not 5 in there lol.
  • I had SO many dreams about running late.  They included: never having bought a dress and having to buy one off the rack on the way to the wedding, running late and having to just go to the wedding without hair or make up done, running SO late to the wedding that I actually MISSED the wedding, lol.

I have those kinds of dreams a lot.  Before prom, before I go on trips, etc.  I guess my life is just characterized by stress and running late.  But I was totally on time to the wedding and everything went fine!  :)

SaveSave
  • My brother, sister, and I got married within 18 months of each other, so I had a LOT of wedding dreams.  My sister was the last to marry of the 3 of us (I was second), so I had several dreams that our real wedding didn't "count" so we had to do a dual wedding with my sister.

I also dreamed that I had to climb up a ladder instead of down the aisle.
  • My brother, sister, and I got married within 18 months of each other, so I had a LOT of wedding dreams.  My sister was the last to marry of the 3 of us (I was second), so I had several dreams that our real wedding didn't "count" so we had to do a dual wedding with my sister.

I also dreamed that I had to climb up a ladder instead of down the aisle.
    I had a dream a few weeks ago where my wedding was hijacked by my twin sister and turned into a double wedding. I forgot about it until your post! I woke up pissed at her lol. 
  • I had a dream about a month ago that we got married in a grocery store and they dismantled the shelves to that way everyone could see me walk down aisle 6 to my FH who was standing in front of the deli counter. Then two days later, I had a dream that we got married in our church (which isn't happening IRL) and then were locked out of our reception space because somehow the remainder of the money that we owed for the reception wasn't paid so they wouldn't let us in. We were gonna order pizzas, but that was too expensive so we just went to Sam's Club and got the 2 for 1 chips and a bunch of different dips and some fruit and veggie trays.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had several dreams that the wedding was happening the night I was having the dream instead of when it was planned for, so it was the same set up every time, but different circumstances. If I had the dream before we'd gotten my dress in, I wouldn't have a dress, or if it was before the BM dresses were in, we had to go get different dresses off the rack, or we hadn't paid off the venue, or ordered the decorations or guest book, or booked the DJ...you name it. I was always surprisingly calm in these dreams though, which was actually comforting because it meant that even in my unconscious, as long as I actually got to get married, it was all just fine. lol.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I've had two weird wedding dreams. 

First one the caterer never showed up. We kept ducking away before the ceremony to call them and no one one ever answered. So we go on with the ceremony, hoping that the caterer will be there by the end. They weren't so we decide to go ahead and cut and serve the cake to everyone while we call ahead to the nearest BBQ place to request anything and everything they can throw together ASAP and promise a huge tip for delivery. The BBQ shows up and everyone eats. The caterer finally shows up at 10pm and I tell them their services are not needed and I would be discussing it with the manager on Monday.

Second one, only one of my bridesmaids shows up to the wedding. The second one blows it off and the third forgot to ask off from work. I just shrug my shoulders and go on with the ceremony, then I spend most of the reception telling my mom to STFU about the two who didn't show because it wasn't a big deal. 

I suppose the nice thing is that in both dreams I was amazingly calm throughout the whole thing. I'm usually never that Zen about anything.
  • I had a dream the wedding was two weeks earlier than I thought it was, and because I messed things up, all the guests showed up at my dad's house (2.5 hours away from the actual venue), and my dad called me the day of, "OMG WHERE ARE YOU THE WEDDING IS IN TWO HOURS." And because my dress wasn't ready I had to wear my mom's (which I should have worn IRL, anyway), and because all the vendors were told a different date, none showed up, so I had to do my own makeup. And I ended up looking like a clown. With frizzy, teased, 80's hair.

The wedding was held in the mud in the backyard, and my parents dog tackled me because my bouquet was a frisbee.

...what a night.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I had a dream that no one showed up to our wedding, including FH. Just me and the officiant.

I had another dream that our wedding venue was suddenly a pool. Like, a random public pool, with random people in it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2016
    I had a dream once where me and FH fell asleep while walking down the aisle. People propped us up for photos and the cake and such and we woke up when it was over. (Weekend at Bernie's?)

In my first wedding dream we had our wedding in a tacky un-decorated dark hall and I was in jeans and t-shirt because I forgot it was our wedding. We were waiting forever for food and it finally came, the waiters poured spaghetti on the table and people grabbed it with their hands.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've had one where we were getting ready and got so drunk that we slept through the entire thing and they had the wedding without me, I came in and apologised and they said that I needed my sleep don't worry about it! Haha 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I had a dream about a month ago that we got married in a grocery store and they dismantled the shelves to that way everyone could see me walk down aisle 6 to my FH who was standing in front of the deli counter. Then two days later, I had a dream that we got married in our church (which isn't happening IRL) and then were locked out of our reception space because somehow the remainder of the money that we owed for the reception wasn't paid so they wouldn't let us in. We were gonna order pizzas, but that was too expensive so we just went to Sam's Club and got the 2 for 1 chips and a bunch of different dips and some fruit and veggie trays.

I thought you were going to say everyone got the $1.50 hot dog and coke combo at Sam's haha
  • kylexokylexo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    lots of dreams about very few people showing up, half the bridal party missing, etc.
  • I had a weird one last night: I was madly searching for liquor and wine. Our wedding is going to be dry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards