Chit Chat

Honeyfunds in the News and a TK thread linked in it.

I was reading over on Yahoo News an article on honeyfunds.  Clicky

They outright quote some knotties including @Glasgowtolondon and some older regs.  Also some ss knottie#s.  The thread is from 2014, so its closed now or otherwise, I'm sure it would blow up!

Re: Honeyfunds in the News and a TK thread linked in it.

• @Glasgowtolondon's response was perfect! I don't know how someone could see the fees and still think it's a good idea. Even if they don't see it as blatantly money grubbing, you know?

*********************************************************************************

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I love that they used TK to get a variety of opinions for the article.  They probably tried wedding wire or that other one and realized it was all the same thing
  • I recently noticed, bc I had to defend my disdain of honeymoon registries, that honeyfund no longer charges an additional or base fee. The only fee now is the PayPal or credit card fee. I still find HRs abhorrent, but at least the fee is what I would expect to pay with any credit card transition. That is if I wanted to use my credit card rather than writing a check. Which I wouldn't.

It's still asking for cash, which is always tacky and rude.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I recently noticed, bc I had to defend my disdain of honeymoon registries, that honeyfund no longer charges an additional or base fee. The only fee now is the PayPal or credit card fee. I still find HRs abhorrent, but at least the fee is what I would expect to pay with any credit card transition. That is if I wanted to use my credit card rather than writing a check. Which I wouldn't.

It's still asking for cash, which is always tacky and rude.
    My biggest qualm with Honeyfunds was that fee...if I give $100, I want the couple to receive $100, not $95 or whatever the percentage was.  I guess I see so many couples that I know don't cook asking for the $500 Kitchenaid mixer, or $700 Waterford diamond vases, that by comparison, the $100 for the "gondola ride in Venice" aka give us $100 that we'll use for our honeymoon isn't as offensive by comparison.  Will you actually use what you're registering for is more what I wonder than what is being asked for.  Even with that being said I totally get why Honeyfunds do tick off so many people.
  • To me they're offensive because it's a lie. You're not paying for a gondola ride in Venice or a couples massage in Punta Cana, it says you are, but you're really just giving the couple cash. If it was actually buying those things for use during the couple's honeymoon, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards