Wedding Etiquette Forum

Save the Dates are out but the location has changed

I have sent out my save the dates in April because my wedding is in March of next year. Since it was going to be a destination wedding to Las Vegas I'd figured that I'd give everyone an advance notice of the location. At the time of booking our wedding the room rates and prices were normal and there were no events going on during our wedding weekend. Within the past week we were informed that the room rates in Vegas had tripled during that time. So with that being said we have decided to have our wedding locally. So I need to know how to send out new save the dates or a correction notice? Idk...... any advice will help. Also we originally sent out about 60 save the dates.

Re: Save the Dates are out but the location has changed

• You definitely want to send out some type of notification so your guests don't book a room or buy a plane ticket.  Your wedding isn't until March, so you still have time to send out STDs, but if you don't want to spend the money, I think a simple correction notice will suffice. 
  • Just a simple card or note will suffice.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I don't have a problem spending some money for new STDs. i'm in the process of drafting something through ETSY so I can send them out ASAP. Thanks for the advice 
  • downtondivadowntondiva member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2016
    ernursej said:
    I would honestly pick up the phone and call each person who should have received a STD and let them know that plans have changed. That way, you know that each person has received the updated information and no one gets missed.
    I agree. The faster you can let people know about the change of plans, the better, and I think this will go a lot faster than drafting and sending out new STD's.
  • ernursej said:
    I would honestly pick up the phone and call each person who should have received a STD and let them know that plans have changed. That way, you know that each person has received the updated information and no one gets missed.
    I agree. The faster you can let people know about the change of plans, the better, and I think this will go a lot faster than drafting and sending out new STD's.
    I agree as well.  Since save-the-dates should only have gone to VIPs anyway, and not your entire guest list, it should be easier to just tell them by word-of-mouth that your plans have changed.
  • ernursej said:
    I agree with this as well. You should let them all know personally. I would go as far as to tell them to toss the STD you already sent and keep an eye out for a new one in the mail. Since your wedding isn't until March, and you're open to sending new STDs, I think you should contact everyone and send new ones.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards