Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

My vows - Thoughts?

I promise to care for you and to treat you with the love, respect, and dignity that you deserve.

I promise to support your dreams and encourage you to make them real.

I promise to be an equal partner and to walk beside you, not in front or behind.

I promise to share what I have with you, no matter how little.

I promise to enjoy the many good times we will have together.

I promise to welcome and love your friends and family as mine.

I promise to build a home with you, knowing that home is anywhere that we are together.

I promise to honor our differences and cherish our similarities.

I promise to remember all the things I love about you, no matter how I may feel at any given moment.

I promise to listen when you need to talk and to respect your need for alone time.

I promise not to shy away from the difficult conversations.

I promise to tell you my sorrows, my joys, and my dreams.

I promise to ask you for help when I need it and to help you when you need it.

I promise to stay in the solution when we have problems.

I promise to keep my sense of humor and laugh together as much as possible.

I promise to keep in mind that we are both works in progress, constantly changing and growing, and to stay strong with you through all the changes.

I promise to remember May 5, 2014 and October 15, 2016 every day.

I promise to love you always, through any and all circumstances, until the end of time.

Re: My vows - Thoughts?

• Not sure what the second line from the end is about, but otherwise these are beautiful.
  • @Jen4948, the first is the day we met, the second is our wedding day.
  • These are beautiful. They legitimately made me tear up. 

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Very sweet! Are you sharing these with FW ahead of time or saving them for the ceremony?
  • Very sweet! Are you sharing these with FW ahead of time or saving them for the ceremony?
    I'm saving them for the ceremony.  :)
  • I think they're a bit much. I think you could cut several of them, and doing so would make the ones left resonate more. 
  • I think they're a bit much. I think you could cut several of them, and doing so would make the ones left resonate more. 
    I'll time myself reading them and see if they're too long, and then I may condense them.

Thanks everyone!
  • I think they are really nice. You could shorten a bit by promising a few things together and reducing the number of times you say "I promise".
  • Wow.  I'll admit I teared up, too.  That's really beautiful.  Your future wife is a lucky lady.
  • I love these. I'd like to use them for my own wedding when and if I ever get married!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards