Options

Kids or No Kids?

13»

Re: Kids or No Kids?

• Options
    redoryxredoryx member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2016
    OP, who came up with the guest list? This is where I'm getting a little lost. I come from a big family. 13 first cousins with about 30 first cousins once removed. I can't imagine setting a guest list without considering them so I'm just curious how 20 people got missed from a guest list unless it's not something you discussed with your FI. 

Edit: What I mean is, you have the budget and you have your guest list -- were the cousins on there? OR did your mom just say "no kids" flat out without considering a guest list or what?
  • Options
    Seems odd to include 2/4 of your cousins kids, but 0/20 of his, regardless of 1st or 2nd or however it works out. You're basically inviting 2/24 kids? Wouldn't it be easier to say no kids in this case?
  • Options
    I feel like this is something where it would make sense to draft the guest list together in as equitable a way as possible.   It doesn't make mention of how many other family members the groom has.   Maybe this was the best way that the mom could come up with or maybe she wants to cut down the kids for other issues.

It would be great to know more details.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    I feel like this is something where it would make sense to draft the guest list together in as equitable a way as possible.   It doesn't make mention of how many other family members the groom has.   Maybe this was the best way that the mom could come up with or maybe she wants to cut down the kids for other issues.

It would be great to know more details.
    Agreed. As in my previous comment, the three of you need to sit down and talk things out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards