Not Engaged Yet
Options

It's Wednesday

I had another night of bad sleep. I am SO TIRED. H comes home tonight and I can't wait to see him and hopefully sleep like a normal person. 

My "meatballs" didn't come out great last night which was a disappointment and I spent the rest of the night watching OITNB. I have 5 episodes left and can't wait to watch! 

That's all I got. 

Re: It's Wednesday

• Options
    @Swazzle ugh, sorry about the bad sleep. And the meatballs!

@southernpeach89 What are you guys doing for Callie's bday? 

Last night was ok. It was really hot, and the cats were fighting all. evening. Cooper keeps wanting to assert his dominance over LC, so he literally won't leave her alone for a second. He follows her everywhere and bites her neck and holds her while meowing. Apparently it's normal for male cats to do this but I feel so bad for her. We rush ordered a pheromone diffuser on Amazon which should come today so I hope that helps - We had to lock her in the bathroom last night and today to give her some peace but I feel bad about that too! I just want them to be best friends and snuggle haha.

Hoping today goes by quick and that I can get a run in later. 
  • Options
    @PamBeesly524 Aw poor LC. I hope her and Cooper get settled soon and become best friends!

@jenna8984 Glad you stuck with the class and feel like you are getting something out of it. Baby boy will be here pretty soon!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - So glad Callie's check up went well! 

@PamBeesly524 - Awww poor LC! My oldest male cat does that to my female cat every now and then. It's not often and usually, my female cat runs the house so I don't worry about it too much.

@LizzyTish88 - I still haven't turned my AC on yet! :neutral: 

@jenna8984 - I vote Italian! 

• Options
    @PamBeesly524 We are going to have a party for her in September. I ordered invitations a couple weeks ago and I won't send them out until probably August but I wanted to just go on ahead and order some things in case they take a while to ship.

@LizzyTish88 It seriously was! The whole time DH and I were like, "Did that just happen??" lol. I know...she is growing so fast. I can't believe in just three months I will have a toddler.

@jenna8984 Remind me again when you're due?

• Options

@swazzle we haven't used A/C yet either! There was like one day we turned on the window unit just in the bedroom for a few hours. Our house has been on average 78-80 degrees but with ceiling fans and closed blinds it really doesn't feel terrible!

@southernpeach89 So cute, I think she definitely looks more like you than your H! I'm due Aug 2nd!

• Options
    Morning!

@Swazzle  glad he's home tonight! You must be exhausted :( Does this normally happen if he's away, or is it just a one off?

@southernpeach89  Callie is just too darn cute! How is she already 9 months!?

@PamBeesly524  poor LC :( hopefully the diffuser works! We got something along those lines that sent out pheromones when we got Penny because she was nervous and worked.

@LizzyTish88  booo broken A/C! We decided to opt out of A/C this year and I am vastly regretting it :( Hopefully yours is fixed soon!

@jenna8984  yay sleep! I'm glad you're enjoying birthing class :) I've heard so many people say birthing class was hit and miss for years. Only thing my mum felt was useful for her was the breathing.

So not much last night. Left overs for dinner, dishes and grabbed a couple things from the locker. It's slowly taking over our dining room area lol
    One plastic bin we grabbed, I'm hoping to go through is and just toss into donation pile. I think most of it is filing stuff, so I'll likely be able to find another box to put it in for now.

Tonight is probably more of the same. Grab a few things from the locker, laundry and hopefully watch OITNB

Side note, has anyone heard about the huge ikea recall on dressers? We have the dresser that's being recalled, but with the move we're hoping to put into the walk-in closet so there won't be a risk of future child pulling it over.
  • Options
    @misskittydanger Yes we had that exact dresser too, the taller one. I really wouldn't worry about it. As long as it's in your bedroom/ closet and you can always fasten it to the wall like they suggest. I would also attempt to teach a kid at an early age not to climb furniture but I understand accidents happen. We need to secure our flatscreen for that reason. We put our dresser in a bonfire because we bought a new one that matched the room better lol

• Options
    @jenna8984  yeh that's what we're hoping, but we were both highly active {add/adhd} children. I had a step stool for being so short.
    We're likely getting the anchor anyways just so we have it in case.
  • Options
    @eilis1228 It's one of my favorites!!! Normally I have it displayed on our quilt ladder but I wanted Callie to take a picture with it since it was made for her!
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
  • Options
    Instead of working, I'm hunting for benches. Looking for two, one for dining room and one for front hall.

Dining room;
    http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20202200/#/20240565
    Since the table will be right near a wall, easier than moving the table constantly to pull out a chair.

Front hall;
    http://https//www.jysk.ca/furniture/storage-furniture/dina-bench-black.html
    Since we'll have a mud room and not close to stairs, I want something with storage for baseball hats, winter things, etc.

Thoughts? Other ideas definitely welcome!
  • Options
    @AlPacina Yes! We finished it on Sunday! I thought this season was way better than last season...but the ending made me very sad. I cried.
  • Options
    @labro omg that's hilarious! I'm still near the beginning, but about the cleaning before family comes over is me! My mother is a clean freak, so I feel I have to clean like mad when she comes over and she lives 5mins away lmfao!
  • Options

@eilis1228 killing me with all that food- get in ma belly!

@wink0erin hey-o! Busy lady over there, glad you fun at the conference and at the beach and that your house wasn't flooded!

• Options

@southernpeach89 - I sent you a PM!

• Options

@labro - I've only read the first Reddit thread so far, but that was hilarious! These were a couple of my favorites.

-----------------------------

This will be me:

MY 7 year old is immediately suspicious if she comes home and finds my wife not wearing PJ's. Like "Oh mom, where are you going? Can I come?"

This response made me lol: 

- You affluent guy...with your fancy schmancy Clorox wipes.

- Wet toilet paper followed by dry toilet paper is good enough for me

-  As long as it's not toilet water.

- oh look at mr big shot over here with his tap water

I also appreciated that there was someone named FerrisWheelJunky.

• Options
    @AlPacina  wait until you start the women's version .... it's just as hilarious!
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @AlPacina I definitely got some good laughs out of both. I felt like the men's version though was more complaining "Wah, she leaves hair everywhere.", "Wah, she uses too much toilet paper." and the women's side was more like "It's was so nice and surprising to have someone who could help me with cooking/cleaning/whatever".

• Options
    labro said:
    @AlPacina I definitely got some good laughs out of both. I felt like the men's version though was more complaining "Wah, she leaves hair everywhere.", "Wah, she uses too much toilet paper." and the women's side was more like "It's was so nice and surprising to have someone who could help me with cooking/cleaning/whatever".

My hair IS freaking everywhere. I complain about dog hair, but I think I contribute almost as much.

And my BF was seriously stunned how fast we went through toilet paper once I moved in. I found a lot of truth in both sides though, lol.

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @AlPacina I think they could've shown some more appreciation for all the wonderful things we bring to the table along with the totally justified TP use. :)

• Options
    @labro - They probably exist in there somewhere, but got no up votes. Being nice isn't funny on the internet. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards