Chit Chat
Options

What the what

Just had dinner with an acquaintance who just had her bridal shower and  was venting to me about her wedding drama and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. H is deployed, and I am currently taking some space from my two closest friends after being kicked out of their bridal parties, so I just have to gab somewhere because I am in disbelief that people say/think these things. The following is a comprehensive list:

-her BMs live all over the country and only one could fly in for her shower and that is apparently unacceptable
-she is having a four day affair for her wedding:bachelor/ette parties on thurs, rehearsal on fri, wedding on sat, and after party brunch on sun. Totally fine except that she is requiring all of her wedding party to be there all four days and is pissed that not everyone can take the days off of work
-one BM has a final exam on the day of the rehearsal and has to miss it. Bride is pissed because she knows that her BM has an A in the class and can "afford to miss one test"
-A BM gave a $30 gift and bride is questioning if the girl deserves to be in the wedding
-then just a bunch of shit talk about her cousin who is a lesbian but she thinks it is just a phase for attention and apparently she confronted said cousin about it during bridal shower weekend

The entire time I just kept shoveling chips and salsa in my mouth because if I didn't, I wouldn't have been able to hold back on everything I was thinking.

I probably could have tried to gently explain how rude she was being, but it was neither the time nor the place and I do not know this woman terribly well. And frankly don’t care to anymore!

I don’t have a real reason for posting this. Just had to share.

I’m obviously a terrible judge of character or just a magnet for people who turn into assholes when planning a wedding.

Re: What the what

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards