¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edited July 2016 in Snarky Brides
Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Pay your rent on time and you wouldn't have this kind of stress.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Robbing Peter to pay Paul will get you nowhere.
  • Bottom line though - are your landlords okay with you waiting until the 15th to pay them?

• Bottom line though - are your landlords okay with you waiting until the 15th to pay them?
    Obviously the one isn't since he banged on her door to get his money.
  • You had no right to behave like that to him. If your rent is due on the 1st, you have to pay it on the first. And if you wanted an extra two weeks, YOU should have made sure you told both landlords, not just the "nice" one. 

Bottom line, you have only yourself to blame for this. Build a bridge and get over it. 
  • Yeah they're fine with it. We've done it before when my fiance was in the hospital. They require notice and a late fee, it's not the end of the world. 

I'm not blaming anyone for anything, I'm simply saying he should NOT have threatened to intrude in our person space to "rearrange" our home as he puts it. 
  • @climbingwife So if a 300 pound man is trying to force his way into your home to fight you, you would let him simply because you owe rent? LOL You're a treat. We have 2 landlords, one that is responsible for maintenance and handling requests, the only who picks up the rent each month. In our lease we filter all requests and complaints via the "nice" one. 
    Obviously the one isn't since he banged on her door to get his money.
    Actually she says that her FI had since spoken to one of them to try to smooth things out and apologise. After the banging on the door part.

• Yeah they're fine with it. We've done it before when my fiance was in the hospital. They require notice and a late fee, it's not the end of the world. 

I'm not blaming anyone for anything, I'm simply saying he should NOT have threatened to intrude in our person space to "rearrange" our home as he puts it. 
    Obviously not since he came to your door looking for his money...
  • Also, our rent is due on the 10th of each month, not the first. 5 days late isn't killing anyone. If he is too emotional and cannot control his anger, he should not be collecting money. Simple. 
  • @climbingwife So if a 300 pound man is trying to force his way into your home to fight you, you would let him simply because you owe rent? LOL You're a treat. We have 2 landlords, one that is responsible for maintenance and handling requests, the only who picks up the rent each month. In our lease we filter all requests and complaints via the "nice" one. 
    1. I bet he didn't try to force his way into your house until you started arguing with him. 
    2. If I knew my rent was late, and my landlord showed up angry, I'd be extremely apologetic and I would not have engaged with him. 
    3. If you're going to be late on your rent, you need to put on your big girl panties instead of being a coward and dealing with only the "nice" one. 

• Well it's not my fault the other landlord did not communicate it to his partner. How are we to contact the guy if we don't have his number or address? We don't even have his first name. (I can't make the sh*t up if I tried) He's elusive and his only role is to collect. The other guy is responsible for everything else. 
  • Well it's not my fault the other landlord did not communicate it to his partner. How are we to contact the guy if we don't have his number or address? We don't even have his first name. (I can't make the sh*t up if I tried) He's elusive and his only role is to collect. The other guy is responsible for everything else. 

• @climbingwife

1. I bet you he threatened us first thus creating a hostile situation. We told him if he continued to threaten us or our property again we would call the police. "That's a nice car you have there I'm sure you wouldn't want a dent in it" is a threat. "Open your damn door so I can help you rearrange your furniture" is a threat. I'm sorry, I didn't know you were there in my house as it was happening.

2. We apologized and he didn't want to hear it. This is the first we've ever seen of this guy since he doesn't even live in the same state. Again, what part of we had permission do you not understand? 

3. Again, we don't have the guys phone number and we followed every proceedure in our lease.

4. You need to chill the F out and relax. Our situation does not harm your life in the slightest. This is a VENT post, not a "I wanted your useless opinion since you refuse to read what I'm saying" post. You need to have a drink or go flick your bean or do both! It'll help you relax since you're obviously in a foul mood to be this argumentative with a stranger. 

5. I'm going to pray for your husband. 
  • edited July 2016
    Funny how with each reply you're even more of a ***removed for TOS violation*** lol. There, I've edited my post with thousands of details including what I did prior to gargamel trying to barge into my living room. I'm praying for your poor husband because you certainly are a catch. ;) 
  • edited July 2016
    ***Removed for TOS Violation***
  • Bahahahahaha! I think you need to go flick your own bean, Mrs Peacock. Maybe then you'll chill the f out for your rehersal dinner.

• edited July 2016
    Lmao. Awesome. You're clearly a very secure, kind and classy person. 
  • edited July 2016
    I'm just wondering if your mommy and daddy know you're online right now. 
  • @glasgowtolondon I would if I had the time to! TRUST ME.  :D
  • They probably don't know I'm online because they're dead. Maybe I should have asked my future in-laws. Maybe they would allow me time on the interwebs.
  • Paying late twice in almost 2 years is not semi-constant but I see what you're saying. 
  • Rent is due on the 10th, but the mean landlord came looking for it on the 7th. Suuuuuuuure. This all adds up. 
  • They probably don't know I'm online because they're dead. Maybe I should have asked my future in-laws. Maybe they would allow me time on the interwebs.
    Not if they see how you treat people on here. 
  • Rent is due on the 10th, but the mean landlord came looking for it on the 7th. Suuuuuuuure. This all adds up. 
    exactly.  Something is not adding up here.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • edited July 2016
    Every lease I've ever done, rent is due the same day of the month for everyone regardless of when you move in. The first month is adjusted for the difference. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards