New Jersey

Venues in Central/Northern NJ

Hi everyone! I am looking for a venue that is affordable! We are going to have about 150 people and I'd like to spend around $80-85 pp. it is going to be on a Wednesday in October in 2018. I know it's a long ways away but I am trying to price stuff out so we know how much to save. Thanks!

Re: Venues in Central/Northern NJ

• Are you choosing Wednesday because of the price? The Elan price is 84 or 86pp can't remember and Fiesta in Woodbury  packages start from 60.95pp to 112.95pp
  • On a Wednesday you'll probably be able to find that price. I have currently been all over but haven't asked about Wednesday prices. I would google nj wedding venues. From there make a list of those you like from pictures. After making that list start making phone calls and emailing. Most (but not all) will tell you their prices over the phone a lot will even email you a menu sample. Find your price per person, how much service charge is, and definitely find out about the minimum/maximum number of guests for each night. You shouldn't have a problem with minimum 150 is pretty good/average. Find those in your price point or close to it and those are the ones you schedule the tour for. If someone is slightly out of price range id still say visit it because a lot of venues will arrange the menu to meet your budget.

Those that are probably out of your budget even on a Wednesday:
    -Park Savoy estate
    -Florentine Gardens
    -Seasons
    -Nanina's in the Park (they are also like car salesmen here the place is gorgeous but they just felt fake)
    -The Venetian
  • Hey All, 
    My fiance and I found a gorgeous venue (The Brookside Banquet)for both our ceremony and reception. We booked the venue and date early to lock in their early-bird special (The venue wasn't complete with it's renovations). Unfortunately, we are dealing with financial issues and we cannot afford the wedding we were planning on. 
    Our deposit was $2,000 and it is nonrefundable. We are willing to sell a couple our deposit for a negotiable price. Because we booked so soon we got an amazing deal that came with the deposit dishes per person range from $85-$100 and the deposit also includes 5 hours premium liquor open bar.

If you are interested in taking over our deposit please let me know. Also, the date is changeable depending on the venue's availability.