Chit Chat
Options

Pokemon Go!

Re: Pokemon Go!

• Options
    My H is playing, I'm not yet because the backdoor version for Android in Canada doesn't want to work on my phone.

Anyways .... I actually like how certain things make you walk. Want to hatch that egg? Walk! Want to find more pokemon or hit new pokestops? WALK!

I just want it to release in Canada for Android so I can start! lmao

random fact: he seems to get a lot of pokemon on his crotch. Uhm ... 
    My fiancé is obsessing over the fact it hasn't released in Canada yet. He keeps checking the page and is sad that it still says "coming soon". 
    Some people are playing it in Canada.  They're doing something with their phone to make it look like they're in the US (don't ask me what).  A teammate is complaining about all the people in her yard looking for Pokemons

ETA - We just downloaded it, to see what all the fuss was about, but the old phone we're using keeps crashing, so I don't think it can handle the app.  Maybe once DH get his new phone back home
    Yeh a lot of people I know have it, but my phone just wants to be hateful :( for android, it's an APK file but it's not working on my phone and my H - who is in tech field - can't figure out why it's not working :(

I think people forget that just because there is pokemon, there are still trespassing laws
  • Options
    My H is playing, I'm not yet because the backdoor version for Android in Canada doesn't want to work on my phone.

Anyways .... I actually like how certain things make you walk. Want to hatch that egg? Walk! Want to find more pokemon or hit new pokestops? WALK!

I just want it to release in Canada for Android so I can start! lmao

random fact: he seems to get a lot of pokemon on his crotch. Uhm ... 
    My fiancé is obsessing over the fact it hasn't released in Canada yet. He keeps checking the page and is sad that it still says "coming soon". 
    Some people are playing it in Canada.  They're doing something with their phone to make it look like they're in the US (don't ask me what).  A teammate is complaining about all the people in her yard looking for Pokemons

ETA - We just downloaded it, to see what all the fuss was about, but the old phone we're using keeps crashing, so I don't think it can handle the app.  Maybe once DH get his new phone back home
    Yeah he had tried that and it didn't work, but he got it to work yesterday. I am going to wait for the official release but at least he's happy now. 
  • Options
    It sure is making my time in DMV (plus breastfeeding) Hell a bit more entertaining.  5 new pokemon caught, and it's a pokestop.
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options

So. Many. Questions. I just want to know what the game is and how it works!

So basically it's a game that uses your location to put little virtual characters here and there. And you're supposed to walk over to them and try to catch them? That's it? (I mean basically that's it, I'm sure there's a bit more.)

That's the gist of it, yes. Though you can also hit "pokestops" along the way and collect items. There are gyms for you to fight other pokemon at and overtake, and once you have enough pokemon and items you can evolve them into bigger and better pokemon. To me though the most fun thing is "catching them all".
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Thanks Knotties!  This post has been very informative; I've been hearing about Pokemon Go for days and had no idea what it was all about.  (Although I am a Millennial, I didn't play Pokemon back in the day either  :D )
  • Options
    I'm an omh, so ya know...
    Is anyone concerned about the full access to your Google account? I was considering downloading it for shits and giggles, but glad I didn't after hearing about the data mining.

My google accounts are for work and school, so I didn't want to use either of those, so I used a new/fake google account.  I guess that worked out in my favour. 

I caught 7 in our condo last night while sitting on the couch.  Not sure what I'm supposed to do with them though, since I was too old for Pokemon the first time around.  I don't get the magic power fighting thing

• Options
    I just got it on my phone and I have to say, I am terrible at catching the Pokemon. I can't get the hang of flicking the ball at them! It goes past them, or just below. I feel so dumb. 
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    Again, people are being assholes and the news loves to cover all of the bad stuff that is coming out of it. That's such a shame
  • Options

Literally the only thing that gets me to exercise haha. I live in the 'burbs and there isn't much there, but we went downtown yesterday for an event and I was SO JEALOUS, there are pokestops multiple times per block. Didn't catch anything super cool, but at least I got restocked on all my pokeballs and eggs haha.

I think they should market this as a fitness app. You have to do so much walking to get anything done. I have it on my iphone and did the US settings with a new google account and it worked, but it's glitchy and crashes sometimes.

I loved pokemon as a kid, so this just makes me so happy :) 

• Options
    Jen4948 said:
    Again, people are being assholes and the news loves to cover all of the bad stuff that is coming out of it. That's such a shame
    My friend said she got an email set work telling them to watch out for pokemon players trying to enter secure areas of the hospital works at. I'm all for people having fun, but it's a shame businesses have no control over bring a poke stop or where on the premises pokemon could appear.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

Literally the only thing that gets me to exercise haha. I live in the 'burbs and there isn't much there, but we went downtown yesterday for an event and I was SO JEALOUS, there are pokestops multiple times per block. Didn't catch anything super cool, but at least I got restocked on all my pokeballs and eggs haha.

I think they should market this as a fitness app. You have to do so much walking to get anything done. I have it on my iphone and did the US settings with a new google account and it worked, but it's glitchy and crashes sometimes.

STUCK:

The egg hatching thing does that, the first one H did was 10K, and I dont think the GPS is quite right on that because I had a 2K one and I walked way more than that before it finally hatched. 

• Options
    Are you suggesting I just googled Chardonnay Go in my app store? 

• Options
    Jen4948 said:
    My friend said she got an email set work telling them to watch out for pokemon players trying to enter secure areas of the hospital works at. I'm all for people having fun, but it's a shame businesses have no control over bring a poke stop or where on the premises pokemon could appear.
    What people don't seem to realize, is you don't have to be IN the building to access the pokestop. We have a fire station across the street from us and if I'm on the balcony, it will let me use it.
  • Options
    kvruns said:

STUCK:

The egg hatching thing does that, the first one H did was 10K, and I dont think the GPS is quite right on that because I had a 2K one and I walked way more than that before it finally hatched. 

Yeah it's glitchy which is annoying. When I go for my walks at lunch and it gets glitchy I almost want to stop, because it's not counting those steps haha.

Mine also freezes a lot after I've caught a pokemon. So I have to reset, and half the time it's there (low level lameos) and the other half its not (high level rare) :( I can't be too mad since I'm playing illegally or whatever, but damn it does get my goat!

• Options
    kvruns said:

STUCK:

Yeah it's glitchy which is annoying. When I go for my walks at lunch and it gets glitchy I almost want to stop, because it's not counting those steps haha.

Mine also freezes a lot after I've caught a pokemon. So I have to reset, and half the time it's there (low level lameos) and the other half its not (high level rare) :( I can't be too mad since I'm playing illegally or whatever, but damn it does get my goat!

Mine freezes constantly - almost especially after I catch a super rare Pokemon. 

I also can't stand how long it takes to launch the app.
  • Options
    kvruns said:

STUCK:

Mine freezes constantly - almost especially after I catch a super rare Pokemon. 

I also can't stand how long it takes to launch the app.

Yup drives me crazy! I'm hoping theyre still working out the kinks though. It's been fun so far.
  • Options
    OK, I just bought Pokemon underwear for my three year old grandson.  "Don't poop on Pokemon!"
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Near my job where I sit in the park for lunch was FULL of good Pokemon today, it was like Christmas. Tentacool's, growliths, slowpoke, magmars, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2016
    I went to put a review in on yelp today, and there's a new question now before hitting 'send'.   "is there a pokestop nearby?"  or something along those lines. I didn't really pay attention. 

edit - FI needed photographic evidence himself;

• Options
    That's awesome haha. I admit, yesterday I was going for a drink with a friend, and I did some recon ahead of time and found a bar that was a poke stop. We went there vs our regular place.
  • Options

Oh I was hoping there was a Pokémon Go discussion on here! My fiancé got me playing it and now I am addicted. Fortunately, I am not one of those idiots that walks into oncoming traffic just to catch a damn pokemon.

Some girl on Facebook put together an event downtown last week. She was thinking there would be maybe like 50 people  or so. Ended up being over 4,000 people. It was crazy fun! There were people selling tshirts (I bought one. Team Valor!), car decals, even a snow cone stand with Pokémon cups (I may have got one of those too). Even some local businesses got into it. One restaurant made a Charizard sandwich. The local radio shows and news channels even covered the event!

I'm hoping more things like this make the news, rather than just the bad stuff. My fiancé and I have been on several "Pokewalks" already, and he has been really lazy about working out for the wedding, so that has been nice too.

• Options
    @Sarabeth1031 That sounds amazing, I would love to do something like that and team valor all the way!
  • Options
    @CraftyG it was so cool! It brought in more people than any other event downtown this year. I don't know what we're all going to do come winter time! (I live in Michigan)
  • Options
    I'm not into games like this, but I sit near the communications group at work and there is SO much drama over this game right now. I guess Corporate released a statement about playing at work, but my specific office has a separate policy. So, corporate is pissed. I honestly don't know why there are separate policies given that no one should be playing near a major production line or a flight line.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards