Chit Chat
Options

27 days to go, so excited!

edited July 2016 in Chit Chat
I'm getting super excited for the wedding! We went to a family friend's wedding last night and the realization that it's coming up soon hit me. I've been pretty calm about it so far but now I'm feeling super excited. Still have a bunch of final details to go so that should keep us occupied until we leave for the wedding 

Edited to retract stupid question. 

Re: 27 days to go, so excited!

• Options
    Did anyone experience realizing their wedding was soon and getting excited? Yes. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I'm still 90 days out, but I had a similar feeling when it went to sub-100, and especially now that I'm sorting out the actual invitations. Shit is getting real!

• Options
    AddieCake said:
    Did anyone experience realizing their wedding was soon and getting excited? Yes. 

SaveSave
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    I posted this early in the morning, didn't realize how silly I sounded. Oops. 
  • Options
    Meh. I think your question was probably more intended to be "when did it become real for you?" 

And if so, my response becomes when I dropped the invitations in the mail.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    Meh. I think your question was probably more intended to be "when did it become real for you?" 

And if so, my response becomes when I dropped the invitations in the mail.
    Yes, that is more of what I was going for. 
  • Options
    I'm about 2 weeks away!  I started getting excited when I went to the final meeting with the venue.  Today I got the last of the rsvps and finished the table plan so that was exciting as well.  I was a bit stressed over the table plan so I feel more relaxed now.  

OP how are your rsvps going?  That is when it starts to feel really 'real' in my opinion.
  • Options
    I'm about 2 weeks away!  I started getting excited when I went to the final meeting with the venue.  Today I got the last of the rsvps and finished the table plan so that was exciting as well.  I was a bit stressed over the table plan so I feel more relaxed now.  

OP how are your rsvps going?  That is when it starts to feel really 'real' in my opinion.
    Pretty good, most got back to us fairly quickly so that's nice. Still waiting on a few relatives but we don't have to send in final numbers until a week away. Working on the seating plan from what we have so far. 
    I think part of it feeling less real before is that we're planning from a different city. Most of the planning has been done by email or phone, with only one trip in person. I think it's distanced us a bit from it all. 
  • Options

Pretty good, most got back to us fairly quickly so that's nice. Still waiting on a few relatives but we don't have to send in final numbers until a week away. Working on the seating plan from what we have so far. 
    I think part of it feeling less real before is that we're planning from a different city. Most of the planning has been done by email or phone, with only one trip in person. I think it's distanced us a bit from it all. 
    Us too, we only went to the venue 4 times in total!  Do you want to flash a pic of your venue for me?  

We have all of our RSVPs in, apart from FIs sister's family.  At this stage I'm like 'fuck it' and we are just going to pay for their meals, save them a table and hope they show up!  I'm not going to stress about the money.  The only thing I worry about is if we only have 2-3 of them show, cause it might be uncomfortable for them having a big table to themselves???  But then what if there is no space to move them!  Maybe I'm worrying about nothing?  ARGG!

However, I was so excited today looking at my table plan and it seems to work thank goodness!  No awkward combinations....

Very happy for you @anidorikiladra

Sarah xx

• Options

Us too, we only went to the venue 4 times in total!  Do you want to flash a pic of your venue for me?  

We have all of our RSVPs in, apart from FIs sister's family.  At this stage I'm like 'fuck it' and we are just going to pay for their meals, save them a table and hope they show up!  I'm not going to stress about the money.  The only thing I worry about is if we only have 2-3 of them show, cause it might be uncomfortable for them having a big table to themselves???  But then what if there is no space to move them!  Maybe I'm worrying about nothing?  ARGG!

However, I was so excited today looking at my table plan and it seems to work thank goodness!  No awkward combinations....

Very happy for you @anidorikiladra

Sarah xx

Yeah I'm not worrying too much about these RSVPs as it's not too many people. The seating plan is a little more difficult for me, as many of the people I haven't met yet so I don't really know who to seat together. They're all my fiance's family so at least I can delegate that task to him. 

I've added a photo of the reception location. I'm on my phone so I'm unsure how it'll turn out. 
  • Options
    Classic venue, lovely!  I think the table assignments are really important to get right.  I've being playing with mine for weeks!
  • Options
    I was a bridesmaid for a good friend two weeks before my own wedding. The next two weeks were a complete blur of excitement and anxiety. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Receiving RSVPs brought some excitement. Then I think making the seating plan.
  • Options
    I agree that receiving RSVPs started to make it seem real for me.  Although, in some ways, it didn't feel real until the day of.  And even then, I was like "is this REALLY my wedding day?  It's finally here?  Whoa!"

SaveSave
  • Options
    I think we share a wedding date, OP :wink:

I don't know when it became real to me.  One day it felt like we had months and I had almost no excitement because it felt so abstract and distant, and then the next morning I woke up and it seemed like all the time had flown by.  I've been on a cloud ever since. 
  • Options
    Spoonsey said:
    I think we share a wedding date, OP :wink:

I don't know when it became real to me.  One day it felt like we had months and I had almost no excitement because it felt so abstract and distant, and then the next morning I woke up and it seemed like all the time had flown by.  I've been on a cloud ever since. 
    That's how it's feeling now. I'm getting details finalized and I have to keep reminding myself I have less time than I think. We're going to the wedding location the week before so there is only so much I can do from home. 
  • Options
    I'm a little further out (93 days!!) but I pull up my site at least once a day just to see the number of days count down. I started doing that around 200 off and on and got a teensy bit obsessed with it around 140 days or so. I was expecting it to say "103" one morning and instead the countdown had changed to months. So instead of seeing "103" or whatever it should have been, it said "3." I'm not going to lie. I cried a little. I've been laid back about this whole process even though it seems like there's something going wrong at every turn. But when I saw that little number 3 on my screen when I was expecting it to still say over 100 it was a mixture of "holy crapballs, I'm not ready yet" and "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek, I can't wait!!!!!"
  • Options
    We have almost all of our RSVPs in, and I'm getting lots of emails from various vendors, many of whom I haven't had a lot of contact with in months, asking little questions.  Very slowly a detailed plan is forming.

I have this week off (ahem, I should have written a proposal for my thesis), and it's been mostly wedding stuff.  My dad recently retired, and we fire emails back and forth during the day.  Yesterday he spent tracking down pictures of me growing up and putting them in DropBox.  It's definitely been an emotionally charged couple of days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards