• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
New York-Long Island

The Somerley Fox Hollow seating chart confusion!!

Hello, this is a question for anyone that has booked and had their wedding at the Somerley at Fox Hollow in Woodbury recently so as to have had a similar experience with their chart they give you.

So as you know, the head table for my fiance and I is directly in front of the fireplace.  The DJ/bar/dance floor is all the way at the other end of the room.  The problem is, you tend to seat immediate family and your wedding party close to the head table.  But those are the people you would normally put closer to the dance floor/music/bar.  The way this room is setup is the total opposite.  It doesn't make any sense to me.  

How did you do you seating chart?  Did you put your bridal party and immediate family right by the head table/fireplace area or did you put them closer to the dance floor/farther away from the head table?  

I love this room but I really wish the head table was closer to the front of the room.  It's beautiful by the brick fireplace, of course, but it's not ideal when dealing with the seating chart.  I've never seen this in a venue before.  Any help is greatly appreciated!!

-Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards