Snarky Brides
Options

I'm tired, I had a margarita at lunch and I'm ready to snark!

Ok just some venting going on as I am a bridesmaid who hasn't been one since over 10 years ago and also planning my own wedding for next year:

1.  No discussion of budget for bridesmaid dresses.  Bride arranged for us to meet her at bridal shop where she had selected 5 gowns for us to choose from but really 3 since her MOHs already picked and we can't wear the same thing as them.  :|  Then after trying on dresses and picking told had to put down deposit right then and there.  (I did not like any of the dresses or how they looked on me so just picked the  least expensive which was still pretty expensive for me.)

2.  Told the wedding & reception will be unplugged, an announcement will be made at the wedding.

3.  Bridal shower invite received with registry info.  Bride & Groom only registered at 2 upscale boutiques with only expensive items on registry.

4.  Bachelorette party being planned for September.  Receiving constant e-mails from bride aboutthe weekend event.  Although MOH is planning have not heard from her, only the bride regarding this event and bride keeps pressing for confirmation of attendance even after previously stating I won't know until I get more info about totals and whether I can secure child care.  She only first told me about it yesterday.

I don't feel like a nearest and dearest and this experience is the reason why I'm seriously considering not having a bridal party next year.  I don't want anyone to feel how I'm feeling right now.   >:)

I'll suck it up because I love her and she's not being mean.  But snark snark snark!

Re: I'm tired, I had a margarita at lunch and I'm ready to snark!

• Options

3.  Bridal shower invite received with registry info.  Bride & Groom only registered at 2 upscale boutiques with only expensive items on registry.
    !
    This isn't wrong at all. This is the only place registry info SHOULD be. Annoying that they registered with only expensive things, but not really a crime. 

Everything else - welp, that sucks. Sorry she sucks. Some people just don't know better and some people just suck. 

Why I hope to never be a BM again :)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options

!
    This isn't wrong at all. This is the only place registry info SHOULD be. Annoying that they registered with only expensive things, but not really a crime. 

Everything else - welp, that sucks. Sorry she sucks. Some people just don't know better and some people just suck. 

Why I hope to never be a BM again :)
    Yeah I'm not snarking about the registry info being on the bridal shower invites.  Just about the contents of the items selected.  
  • Options
    Honestly, don't have bridesmaids. Save yourself the frustration. Literally everyone jumped up and wanted to be in my wedding when we got engaged and then when push came to shove, we originally had 6, who over the course of the year dwindled to 4. I wasn't even a bridezilla, I just wanted everyone to have the same dress and no children attendees, apparently that was STILL too hard for people. If you're frustrated now as a BM, imagine how stressed and mad you'll be as a bride.

I don't think the bride is being unreasonable though, she probably can't plan her bachelorette party without solid attendance and you on the other hand can't promise to attend when you don't have details. Sucks. I had to forfeit my Bachelorette party due to the original maid of honor quitting 60 days before the wedding because she was jealous, my own cousin mind you. Then partially in part by my other BM's being "too busy". So f*ck it! lol. 
  • Options
    @levioosa My comment doesn't need your inaccurate opinion. 
  • Options
    Honestly, don't have bridesmaids. Save yourself the frustration. Literally everyone jumped up and wanted to be in my wedding when we got engaged and then when push came to shove, we originally had 6, who over the course of the year dwindled to 4. I wasn't even a bridezilla, I just wanted everyone to have the same dress and no children attendees, apparently that was STILL too hard for people. If you're frustrated now as a BM, imagine how stressed and mad you'll be as a bride.

I don't think the bride is being unreasonable though, she probably can't plan her bachelorette party without solid attendance and you on the other hand can't promise to attend when you don't have details. Sucks. I had to forfeit my Bachelorette party due to the original maid of honor quitting 60 days before the wedding because she was jealous, my own cousin mind you. Then partially in part by my other BM's being "too busy". So f*ck it! lol. 
    Your MOH quit because she was jealous? Are you guys 18?
  • Options
    Your MOH quit because she was jealous? Are you guys 18?
    She's "literally two decades."
    Oh, I missed that. I'm old enough to be her mother!
  • Options
    Oh, I missed that. I'm old enough to be her mother!
    Me too. My oldest will be 20 in November.
  • Options
    I could be too if I were medically capable at 6. After all the world's youngest mother was only 5 years old. Anyway... people really say two decades old? Ok from now on I am a quarter century plus one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think I'll use Roman numerals from now on. That makes me XXXIIII lol.

MCmeow said:
    I could be too if I were medically capable at 6. After all the world's youngest mother was only 5 years old. Anyway... people really say two decades old? Ok from now on I am a quarter century plus one.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Sorry to hijack thread but just seen that my ticker says 1 week 5 days to go...cheese jeez Louise!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Sherbie25 said:
    Sorry to hijack thread but just seen that my ticker says 1 week 5 days to go...cheese jeez Louise!!!!
    Excited for you!
  • Options
    Sherbie25 said:
    I think I'll use Roman numerals from now on. That makes me XXXIIII lol.

Actually, you'd be XXXIV. 
  • Options
    I'm not sure what happened here so I'll just put XXXIX  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards