Chit Chat

Watch your step!

CMGragainCMGragain member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited July 2016 in Chit Chat
Damn, damn damn!  I had a lovely three weeks vacation/family visit.  One issue:  people on airplanes.
I travel with a cane, since my eyesight is not so good after all that surgery two years ago, and because I have trouble with my knees on stairs.  I get priority boarding because of it.
First flight, DH stomps hard on my left big toe while trying to store his stuff in the overhead bin.  His response - "Why did you put your foot under my feet?"  Grr. 
The nail turned white so the next day I trimmed it back as far as I could and applied antibiotic ointment.  Things seemed to be under control.
Three weeks later on the return flight, some jerk of a guy just couldn't wait for me to be seated, and pushed past me, stomping on the same toe.  It bled.  It hurt.  No apology.  I actually cried with the pain on the flight, and I'm not a cryer.  I should have rammed my cane up his ass, but then he could have claimed assault.
Today the podiatrist removed the toenail surgically.  It bled all over the place.  It hurts like hell.  I am feeling quite sorry for myself at the moment.
Thanks for listening.  Be careful of little old ladies when boarding your next flight.

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

Re: Watch your step!

• Ouch! Sending healing vibes for your poor foot!
  • I hope you feel better soon! It sounds like you were dealing with a few untamed beasts.
  • Nothing hurts as much as a smashed toe.  I probably would have cried, too.  Hope you feel better soon!

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Ugh that's miserable!

Are steel-toed boots in your future? ;-)

• I totally support you on the whole ramming your cane up his ass thing.  What a butthead! 

Sorry about your toe! My mom had to have a toenail removed and she actually paints it with nail polish along with her other nails (because the skin where the nail used to be tends to get somewhat rough and harder) and you can't even tell that the nail is gone :)

I'll be extra careful to be aware of the little old ladies in my immediate surroundings.  
  • What an ass. People in general these days seem to just not care about others. 
  • SP29SP29 member
    You should have smacked him with your cane.

I was at a club once and this guy stepped on my ankle/ side of my foot 3 times! The third time I elbowed him in the back. Frick it hurt. 
  • Ouch! People are so careless and rude.

• Airports are the epicenter of human rudeness.  I'm glad you're okay!
  • Ouch! People can be such assholes.  So can dogs.  The picture above is the result of my dog shoving the front door over my foot.  My nail is cracked straight down the middle, bloody, and holding on for dear life.  My kids and FI can't seem to stop stepping on it, it's like a foot magnet. Please ignore how desperately I need a pedi.  Hope yours feels better soon!

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Oh no!!! Praying for a smooth and speedy recovery for you! People can be so inconsiderate.

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited July 2016
    Whee!  I finally resorted to oxycodone last night.  I slept around the clock.  Today the pain is much better.  I don't think I will need to take any more of the hard stuff.
    Thanks for your support.
    @ThisShamanluvsaMage , you should see a podiatrist about that toenail.  It could easily get infected!  This can get very serious.  Toes have been amputated because of septic conditions.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards