Wedding Party

Reasons I DO want bridesmaids...

During the initial stages of planning our wedding, I told my fiancé I didn't know if I even wanted bridesmaids. Now, as the deposits are being made and the planning is almost over, I DO want bridesmaids. I can't really explain WHY -- I just want my best friends by my side...monochromatically. Lol.  

My fiancé is quite the debater, so I'm looking for some good solid reasons to "need" my bride tribe. 

Re: Reasons I DO want bridesmaids...

• Ditto Climbing. If you want bridesmaids, say so. If you can't tell your fiancé this simple thing, I worry for your future together.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I had bridesmaids because there are people in my life I couldn't imagine getting married and not having them there. That was all the reason I needed. 
  • There is nothing to debate here.  Whether or not you want any bridesmaids or bridesmen and how many you want is entirely up to you.  No one else gets a say in who stands beside you.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Normally I would agree with PPs, but "bride tribe" kinda makes me yak so I'm team fiancé here.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Well you are being silly...this is what I did

I picked my SIL (BM 1) because she was the only one that was married before and I needed to pick her brain and make her host things, and help plan my wedding.

I picked my old friend (BM 2) because way back in elementary school we promised to be in each others weddings.

I picked my third BM because I wanted a local friend to help me craft things and just generally be there for me.

And BM 4 was just to make the sides even...I wouldn't have asked her otherwise.

/end sarcasm

seriously...you don't need any more reason then you want to have Bridesmaids! 

• Umm...because they are your friends and you want them there with you?

Look, there is no reason that you "need" bridesmaids.  They don't have a functional use, and their only "duties" should be to show up on time and appropriately dressed on the day of your wedding.  But then, you don't "need" anything to get married except a willing partner, an officiant, and a witness or two depending on jurisdiction.

If you want to ask your nearest and dearest to stand up with you, go for it.  No debates or iron-clad reasons needed.  
  • edited July 2016
    I had bridesmaids because there are people in my life I couldn't imagine getting married and not having them there. That was all the reason I needed. 
    Same here. FW asked her three best friends, I asked the cousins I'm closest to, and we both asked our housemate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards