Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Photographer Shotlist

Hi Ladies,

Our photographer asked me to specifically list out what shots were a must, as well as others we wanted to include. Since we have a super large family, she would also like names and such of the family members who will be involved.

I was considering using an excel sheet to list the shots out, or a PowerPoint with example photos and descriptions.

Anyone have any experience with using a shotlist/organizing a document for photog?

Re: Photographer Shotlist

• I think an excel sheet might work well, that way you can include the names or titles of each person to be involved, or particular locations you want to use. I suspect a PowerPoint might be excessive.  It would probably be helpful to tie names to relationships, (ie: Jane Smith - Mother of the Bride; Susan Smith - Bridesmaid/Cousin of the Bride) so the photographer will know people to expect in multiple groups.

I think it would be reasonable to attach a few example photos to an email, if there are specific shots you really want, but I hope your photographer doesn't need frame by frame instructions.

• Excel sheet all the way. It will be easy to follow and check off as he/she gets shots. It is also only one or two pages so much easier to carry around.
  • Agree with the above.  Excel sheet sounds good, powerpoint sounds unnecessarily complicated.  Also agree that example photos would be overkill.  If you have a few specific looks you are going for that is fine, but beyond that it gets into micromanagement territory fast.  Trust that your photographer knows how to do their job and leave it at that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards