Wedding Woes

Thursday

So, the VPN would not come up this morning.   We were told to come into the office.  I get dressed, do my hair and make-up.  As I'm talking to DH about afternoon logistics and I get a text that the VPN is back up.  Therefore here I sit, with a full face of make-up and office clothes on...and no coffee yet, since I had to log in and make sure I was good to go. 

At least I don't have to skip my lunch break workout.  

Prudie coming up after coffee. 

Re: Thursday

• Week one of trying not to be a fatty went really well. Hopefully I can stay on the wagon.

This morning I was probably going 15-20 over the speed limit and a cop going the other direction made a U turn. Shit. Luckily I kinda got swallowed up by the rest of the traffic and made it in the office without incident.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @ShesSoCold congrats on getting through the first week! I need to get back on the workout/eating right train. It's just super easy to make excuses when it's 90+ degrees outside and I don't want to leave my house.

I've been at work for an hour and one of my coworkers is already pissing me off. She's the opposite of a team player - won't step up to help out anyone while the rest of us scramble to make sure we get our work done and help our fellow teammates. Then she sends me emails full of attitude with things she needs from me and I. Just. Can't. with it today. If I roll my eyes any harder they'll fall out.
  • bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2016
    FFL has been reactivated.  I can't believe it's football season already.  I'd be a lot happier about it if I hadn't lost so much money in my league last year... and if my team didn't suck on a cosmic level.  

Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?

Everyone.  Everyone says they're going to beat us.  Even the Browns.  

I've still got the brown bag of shame over my head protecting me from displaying it in all its burning glory.

ETA a word

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• FFL has been reactivated.  I can't believe it's football season already.  I'd be a lot happier about it if I hadn't lost so much money in my league last year... and if my team didn't suck on a cosmic level.  

I've still got the brown bag of shame over my head protecting me from displaying it in all its burning glory.

ETA a word

Hahahaha my sister and I just agreed that if the Bears get into the Super Bowl, I'm buying us tickets. If the Browns do, she's buying.

So we're not busy the day of the Super Bowl.

We brought paper bags to Kansas City for a Bears game last year. Through some act of god we won. I hope I still have them since we're going to Indy this year.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I am so ready for the week to be over. Only one more day of waking up. Only one more day....

I feel whiney. There is so much up in the air in my life right now and there is nothing I can about any of it. I am tired of talking about it, I am annoying myself at this point. I am about to hit DGAF mode and it is not going to make FH happy. But IDGAF soooo...

I randomly saw an old friend, who doesnt even live here, walking down the street yesterday so we are going to catch up tomorrow night before my flight. 
  • FFL has been reactivated.  I can't believe it's football season already.  I'd be a lot happier about it if I hadn't lost so much money in my league last year... and if my team didn't suck on a cosmic level.  

ETA a word

Hahahaha my sister and I just agreed that if the Bears get into the Super Bowl, I'm buying us tickets. If the Browns do, she's buying.

We brought paper bags to Kansas City for a Bears game last year. Through some act of god we won. I hope I still have them since we're going to Indy this year.

I'm a life long Bills fan who grew up in the Super Bowl era so I remember when they were good. I tell H when they make it back into the playoffs I'm going back home because I'm fairly certain the city will riot/drunk let party for three days and I need to be a part of it. 

He's a Steelers fan who believes any season they don't win the SuperBowl is a losing one. 

ETA a word

I'm a life long Bills fan who grew up in the Super Bowl era so I remember when they were good. I tell H when they make it back into the playoffs I'm going back home because I'm fairly certain the city will riot/drunk let party for three days and I need to be a part of it. 

He's a Steelers fan who believes any season they don't win the SuperBowl is a losing one. 
    As a Steelers fan, I know the feeling. Though there have been a couple recent seasons where they didn't even make the playoffs. First game is friday and I am so stoked.

ETA a word

Happy to see a fellow Saints fan on here!  But...yeeeaahhh.

I am exhausted today and trying to lay as low as possible at work.  This has finally been a slower week, as compared to the last month of craziness and stress, so I am planning to take a vacation day tomorrow.

Assuming nothing major comes in this afternoon.  (I might have just jinxed myself.)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

ETA a word

My husband is a lifelong Bills fan as well. I told him that the next time they make the playoffs, I'll buy him tickets for him and his dad to go. It'll be insanely expensive but Bills fans have waited a long, long time for a turnaround.
  • My stupid neighbor's stupid, yappy dog was yapping at midnight again last night. She was just sitting on her back patio listening. I tried to be nice and not issue her a ticket, but that was apparently the wrong thing to do. 

The baby has a cold. Every time they get a new kid at daycare, he gets one. Fortunately, it doesn't change his (generally) happy demeanor; he just gets a snotty nose. 

My MOH emailed me yesterday about planning a shower. She's either on here and saw me say something or she has ESP. I told her that what she had planned was far too expensive and was far beyond anything I need anyway and offered her some ideas for cheap venues and reminded her to talk to the other BM.

Woke up with a stye on my eyelid. I get them a lot when I'm pregnant, but not usually this big. I can see the damn thing! 

Tonight is the first night of my final class!!!! Eight weeks and I'm DONE! 
  • I've been working in my classroom the last couple days, and I'm worn out.

This afternoon I have a dentist appointment. Ugh. 

My husband started a new job this week and starts classes in a couple weeks, so that's an adjustment. 

My dad and his new girlfriend are coming to visit next week, and I'm feeling anxious about it b/c I don't know what they want to do while they are here, and I don't want us to be sitting around bored, but they have no opinions on what they would like to do. So it falls to me to figure it out, I guess. There's a lot to do here, but I don't know what they are up for, and it's so hot I'm not up for a lot of outdoorsing, that's for sure. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14

ETA a word

My family still has boxes of Flutie Flakes in the garage :lol: and we will definitely be going out to Buffalo the day they make it back to the super bowl! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @charlotte989875 omg!! I completely regret not saving my bills starter jacket right now and those zubaz leggings are amazing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My oldest girl turns 12 today!  Other than that it's just laundry and unpacking the guest bathroom.
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • @AtomicBlonde I'm a Lions fan/season ticket holder so I feel your pain and raise you 20.  They raised rates on us again this year, and again we bought tickets because of the what ifs.....  They try to placate by saying they're in the median of all NFL teams - you're one of three teams that has never made it to the Superbowl - you should be bottom 3 in price.  

But I still can't wait for the first pre-season game next week!

@shessocold - I had a cop tag me on the turnpike in Indiana doing nearly 80 a few trips ago.  I forgot the speed limit drops there!  I freaked and pulled to the right lane to get over at the next available point, and then a semi got over next to me until we crossed into Illinois so I was saved.  That truck driver was a life saver!

So, after all my fretting and work I ruined the surprise.  Out tattoo artist emailed us our sketches, I was so excited to see mine, I forwarded it to her immediately, forgetting that the conversation below was asking for a timeline because of the surprise party.  And she got the email on her phone so had to scroll down to see the pic and viola!  We laughed a ton about it, she apologized for being such a brat and have me kudos for making it this far!  FI thinks this is the funniest thing ever (I suck at keeping good secrets, like parties and presents).
  • So I went from being bored here to things being completely insane.  I think I like insane better, though--more stressful, but less mind-numbing. 

Got a call from a recruiter earlier.  I'm on the fence.  There are pros, and there are cons. One big pro:  20 minutes from home, 10 minutes from Wooz's school.  I could drive her, instead of putting her on the bus at 6:30 a.m.  That's a big plus.  I've heard mixed reviews about the company, so there's that.  More pay.  IDK--I'm curious, but not "ZOMG!!1!!11!!!"

This week is dragging on  f o r e v e r.  We leave for the beach a week from tomorrow.
  • FI and I have been busy unpacking boxes and trying to find room for all our stuff. We have been in our new house for 3 weeks as of tomorrow. I've finally seen both my Maid and Matron of Honor's dresses for the wedding.

MOHs keep asking me about the bridal shower and bachelorette party, I told them it was up to them. I already gave them dates that I would be available and they can run from there.

FI and I are doing engagement pictures on Sunday. Rockabilly themed haha.. We are excited.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm enjoying a rare day of having the house to myself. DH is working a full day shift (his work has been spotty lately - long story) and DD is at school. I should be job hunting and coloring my hair, but I'm knotting and enjoying a second cup of coffee.

Sending job vibes to you, Varuna!
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I may be regretting asking for more hours.

I thought 6let only had soccer twice a week, but it's 3 practices.  Ugh. It's going to make M2's gymnastics tough to get to and means Max gets drug out of the house 3 nights.

I hate sports.

I'm very sad about how much weight I need to lose to be a "normal" BMI.  7 years ago I was 35 pounds heavier.  According to them I need to lose another 13 and I just don't think I can.
  • @6fsn - not trying to attack you,  but you know that 6let doesn't have to be involved this heavily in sports AND you know that the BMI is bullshit, right? 
    Also, can you throw some work my way?
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I know @AuntFlo DH wanted to try the soccer this year and I was willing to give it a whirl.  It's only the first week and I remember feeling this way the first week he only had practice before the games.  He loves it and it's normally not a big deal. I also know BMI is bs.  I hadn't looked at it in ages for that reason, but was curious.

I heard Amazon was hiring? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards