Wedding Woes

Vent

I'm starting a new thread, b/c the other one is too long.

Why, oh WHY, can places not get OCR programs to read pdfs?  It is so annoying to have a resume to upload and still have to type all of that information in.  And cutting and pasting is just a big of a PITA, b/c of formatting.

I've had to do 3 this morning and I'm just over it.

Re: Vent

• That is one of my biggest pet peeves! Like why ask for a hard copy if you're also going to make me cut and paste or type the same info in. Which you're going to export to a PDF! 

Sorry youre having ting to do this again. 
  • Yes!  So annoying.

Also, don't let @NOLABridesmaid hear you complaining about the other thread being too long.  She likes the multi-pagers.  ;)
  • VarunaTT said:
    I'm starting a new thread, b/c the other one is too long.

Why, oh WHY, can places not get OCR programs to read pdfs?  It is so annoying to have a resume to upload and still have to type all of that information in.  And cutting and pasting is just a big of a PITA, b/c of formatting.

I've had to do 3 this morning and I'm just over it.
    I've been job hunting more than once and hate that! Hell, most of the OCR programs I've encountered screw up information from Word and I end up having to go back and fix it. 
  • I feel you. When I was job hunting I would upload my resume then the next page "oh please put exactly what you uploaded here" Oh ffs!

• What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • :)  Heffa, you know me so well.

• My vent:  one of our sales managers has been on vacation for over a week now.  Late last week, one of his distributors called all in a tizzy.  Customer service asked if I knew what he was talking about, and I said I'd give it a shot.  Turned out to be pretty easy to straighten out.  That should have been the happy ending.

Instead, this guy is now stalking me and calling me with every single thing ever.  "I need pricing and delivery on X."  My friend, there is an entire department full of people who are paid to provide you with exactly that sort of thing.  I am away from my desk on and off throughout the day, busy with my actual job.  And it's not that I don't want to help him, but calling me every time is like going to the dentist every time you need your teeth brushed.

Anyway, now I understand why his sales manager needs such a long vacation. :)
  • People trying to hit my car now that it's paid off.
  • Ugh, I hate that part.  That and when they hand you an old-school paper app to complete when you brought your resume.  My handwriting is like a third graders and all of this information is on this very carefully and thoughtfully put together resume - that you require!

• I had a similar PDF incident yesterday.  I'm trying to get my Home Equity Line of Credit re-evaluated and have more funds made available to me.  So my bank sent me a Personal Financial Statement.  As a PDF.  That could not be edited, ie filled out from a computer.  What is this?  The 1980s?

I did my best to turn it into a Word document.  It worked decently, with some tweaks, for the first page.  But I had to completely recreate the second page.  Still faster than filling it out by hand, but lame. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh, I hate that part.  That and when they hand you an old-school paper app to complete when you brought your resume.  My handwriting is like a third graders and all of this information is on this very carefully and thoughtfully put together resume - that you require!

Yeah, I wonder if they use those as some weird psychological test to find out how much tolerance for repetition you have.

I just got one of those for the company I'm interviewing with.  They already have my resume--it was the first thing the recruiter sent them.  My entire, complete, lovely resume.  And now I have this PDF job application, which asks for all the same information.  It even says "A resume may be attached but may not be substituted for completing the application."  So they know it's an issue, they just don't care.
  • Heffalump said:
    Ugh, I hate that part.  That and when they hand you an old-school paper app to complete when you brought your resume.  My handwriting is like a third graders and all of this information is on this very carefully and thoughtfully put together resume - that you require!

I just got one of those for the company I'm interviewing with.  They already have my resume--it was the first thing the recruiter sent them.  My entire, complete, lovely resume.  And now I have this PDF job application, which asks for all the same information.  It even says "A resume may be attached but may not be substituted for completing the application."  So they know it's an issue, they just don't care.

Last time I was job searching, I did run into a few companies with online applications that would take the resume you just uploaded, and automatically fill in those parts of the application.  So brilliant!!!  As someone who has been in the fortunate position to occasionally have multiple job offers, a company who goes to the trouble to make things easier even for the job applicants...is the kind of company who is more likely to treat their employees well also.  And they get major brownie points in my considerations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards