Wedding Woes

Wedding tech issues

hello helpful brides.

I am having a terrible time getting people to go to our website. I listed it at the bottom of our website as "For more details" then the address. But wondering why people keep asking where to stay, where the reception will be, and why we are not accepting gifts. Our website is very simple but contains all this information. But after reaching out to about half our guest list only about 5 of 40 have told me they saw it. We are still few weeks away and waiting on the rest of the rsvps but my fear is people will not go and we will be stuck with a wedding block of hotel rooms,  people will not know how to get there and not see our engagement photos which are on there as well.

What to do? The only solution I have come up with is reaching out to each guest to see if they saw it. I also do not have a wedding party because two of my other friends are getting married and I really couldn't bring myself to ask the same group of girls to buy another dress and go to showers. Any tips or advice on how to get the word out ? I would be so greatful!  <3

Re: Wedding tech issues

• Well, it sounds like you already told half of your guest list about it and the other half still has several weeks so you're probably just over stressing about this. That being said, if someone asks you a question about the wedding, just direct them to the website and ask both sets of parents to do the same. Hopefully most people will get the information, but even if they don't, they will still be ok. 
    Side note: if I received a wedding invitation without any extra enclosures for information I would assume there was a website that provided that information. Hopefully other people will be similar and search for it/ask about it. 
  • edited August 2016
    I deal with this all the time at work. Just answer the questions, then direct them to the website.
  • I wouldn't worry about it. Unfortunately, not everybody will take the time to visit your website for more details even if you put it in plain view on your invitation/save the date.

I had people asking me for details even up to the morning of my wedding (i.e. what time is the ceremony? What is the venue address? etc.). A lot of people throw invitations away by accident or are just too lazy to look for them/read them. Just answer their questions and offer to give them your website link. That's the best you can do!

• hello helpful brides.

I am having a terrible time getting people to go to our website. I listed it at the bottom of our website as "For more details" then the address. But wondering why people keep asking where to stay, where the reception will be, and why we are not accepting gifts. Our website is very simple but contains all this information. But after reaching out to about half our guest list only about 5 of 40 have told me they saw it. We are still few weeks away and waiting on the rest of the rsvps but my fear is people will not go and we will be stuck with a wedding block of hotel rooms,  people will not know how to get there and not see our engagement photos which are on there as well.

What to do? The only solution I have come up with is reaching out to each guest to see if they saw it. I also do not have a wedding party because two of my other friends are getting married and I really couldn't bring myself to ask the same group of girls to buy another dress and go to showers. Any tips or advice on how to get the word out ? I would be so greatful!  <3
    First, you should take the bolded off your site immediately and be happy not many people saw it. It's rude to tell people how to gift (or not). 

But second, please don't call and ask people if they've looked at your website. I would find this extremely weird and pushy if someone (even someone I was close to) asked even once if I had gone to their website/why I hadn't viewed it yet.  You have invited them to an event with the information and details provided. They will make their own arrangements. Yes, they may continue to contact you and you should gracious and patiently give them the details and direct them to the website. 

If the address is on the invitations people will use GPS or a map, or ask someone they know, or carpool. They will make it there. They also don't need to view your engagement pictures; it's great they are up there, but really they are for you and many people will not be as interested as you are. 

This.

The only time I've ever gone to a wedding website is for a DW. I've got five weddings this year and not a once have I gone to their sites. It's not that important.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • monkeysip said:
    How on earth did people throw and attend weddings before the internet was created?  How did they know where to go?  How did they know what to buy or not buy for the couple?  How did they know where to get a hotel?  I DON'T UNDERSTAND.
    this was my first thought as well. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards