Wedding Reception Forum

Guest comfort basket - suggestions?

edited August 2016 in Wedding Reception Forum
I want to put together a box of things our guests might want to use. My list so far:

Spray-on sunscreen
Insect repellent
Tide To-Go
Hand sanitizer
Wipes
Tissues

Anything I'm missing?

Re: Guest comfort basket - suggestions?

• I'm guessing that this will go in the guests' rooms? Bottled water, info about the area in case they have time to do activities.
  • Is this one big basket for all the guests? And you're having outdoor activities if I remember correctly?

Band-aids
    Shout wipes
    Tylenol, Motrin, Aspirin, etc
    Bobby pins, safety pins, hair ties
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Is this one big basket that is going to be left in a bathroom or something?

One of my friends had a basket each in the men's and women's bathrooms.

I agree with band-aids, bobby pins, safety pins and hair ties.
    Mouth wash or mints
    Lip balm
    Hand cream
    Spray deodorant
  • drglitter said:
    Is this one big basket for all the guests? And you're having outdoor activities if I remember correctly?

Band-aids
    Shout wipes
    Tylenol, Motrin, Aspirin, etc
    Bobby pins, safety pins, hair ties
    Yes, this is one big basket for all the guests. These are all great ideas!
  • SP29 said:
    Is this one big basket that is going to be left in a bathroom or something?

One of my friends had a basket each in the men's and women's bathrooms.

I agree with band-aids, bobby pins, safety pins and hair ties.
    Mouth wash or mints
    Lip balm
    Hand cream
    Spray deodorant
    This will be out in the pavilion. I was actually thinking of hand cream - good idea!
  • I put after sun in mine
  • I'm assuming this is for the bathroom at the reception? We had one and had all the things above plus:

-those single use tooth flosser things

-clear nail polish (for panty hose runs)

-a little sewing kit

-a lint roller

-pads and tampons

Obviously adjust the baskets for the men's room. ;)

*********************************************************************************

• edited August 2016
    Keep them coming! I really like the idea of feminine products.
  • Blink eye drops for lens wearers and/or contact lens solution.

I'm sorry but I don't know the details of your reception and whether the venue is remote or rural.  You can make yourself crazy and actually over accommodate for your guests, too.  You cannot , nor should you, attempt to anticipate all needs. 

Are these baskets meant to be more toiletry specific in nature, or an overall emergency/just in case group of items? 

Medical items in addition to band aids would include disinfectant wipes and perhaps a neosporin type of cream, an antacid of some type.

• I think the little sewing kit is a great idea for the mens' room, too, since they tend to lose buttons.  
  • MobKaz said:
    Blink eye drops for lens wearers and/or contact lens solution.

I'm sorry but I don't know the details of your reception and whether the venue is remote or rural.  You can make yourself crazy and actually over accommodate for your guests, too.  You cannot , nor should you, attempt to anticipate all needs. 

Are these baskets meant to be more toiletry specific in nature, or an overall emergency/just in case group of items? 

Medical items in addition to band aids would include disinfectant wipes and perhaps a neosporin type of cream, an antacid of some type.

@MobKaz, we'll be at a nice city park with a covered pavilion. The bathrooms are well-maintained, but they're shared with the entire park. If weather permits, we'll have outdoor games, so Band-aids, Neosporin, and things like that may be a good idea. 
  • @OurWildKingdom, do you know whether the restrooms use hot air dryers or towels?  The reason I ask is because if someone takes a hard spill, or if there are kids that decide to attract a lot of dirt or mud, then a roll or two of some heartier paper towels might come in handy.  In even nicer restrooms, I find that the quality of the paper toweling used barely absorbs anything. 

I bought a plethora of inexpensive wash cloths at Costco.  I tend to throw a few in the picnic hamper wherever we go because they just work nicer and easier than prepared wipes or typical restroom paper goods.  Speaking of which, will the park district personnel maintain these restrooms periodically throughout your event?  Will they be able to refresh the toweling and toilet paper?
  • The park has air dryers, and they're good about refreshing everything and keeping it clean.

I'll throw in a roll or two of paper towels for spills.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards