New York-Long Island

Venues to keep budget under $10,000

I'm going crazy trying to find venues that we can afford!! our wedding budget is $10,000 and under. Trying to keep the guest list under 100, and we need a venue that will do the ceremony there. Ladies have any ideas??

oh, and i'm flexible with having the wedding on an off day, or an afternoon. Anything to save some money...lol!!

Re: Venues to keep budget under $10,000

• Mediterranean Manor in Patchogue and Ariana Waterfall Catering in West Hempstead have package deals for 100 guests at around the $10,000 mark (includes photography, videography, limo, DJ, and centerpieces in addition to full reception).  You may be able to negotiate with them for a lower price on the package if you want to get married on, say, a Sunday afternoon in March or something like that, although I don't know how flexible they are.

As far as non-packaged venues, I was offered a great deal on the Mansion at Timber Point in Great River (it's a Lessings venue) for "off" times.  Lastly, if you're not completely stuck on having the totally traditional dinner-DJ-dancing reception, you could look into having your reception at a restaurant.  The only down side of that is that the restaurant may not be able to accomodate the traditional "chairs lined up on both sides of the aisle" setup for the ceremony. 
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Oh also - just looked at Mediterranean Manor's website (www.medmanor.com), and they have a $3300 "champagne reception" package that's basically a three-hour reception where hors d'oeuvres are served, followed by cake, with open bar.  If you have your reception at a non-meal time, this could be a totally appropriate way to host your guests without breaking your budget.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Try Blue Resturaunt in Blue Point. They are donig a friends wedding reception. Its an open bar and hors d'oeuvres and cake for a few hours on a Sunday evening for a very reasonable price and from the pics online it looks very classy. I would check that out.
  • thanks for the suggestions ladies!! i'll be looking into them!
  • Look into Hallockville Museum Farm if you do not mind something rustic. They are surprisingly affordable even though you have to bring in catering. For catering, you should check out Custom Catering in Port Jefferson.
  • Chateau la mer in lindenhurst. Booked my wedding there for 150 people it's 12,250. So depending on how many people u might be able to get it to10,000. The venue is gorgeous
  • You also have to consider minimums! So like mrs weidner said try restaurants!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards