• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Music

Grandparents Dance

My Fiance and I want to dance with our grandpa and grandma. I am looking for something a bit quicker but meaningful because my grandpa loves to dance, not sure what to go with, please help

Re: Grandparents Dance

• OurWildKingdomOurWildKingdom in the 216 member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers
    edited August 2016
    Something from their younger years (1940s, 1950s, or 1960s, depending on how old they are) would be nice. If I can think of a specific song, I'll post it.

ETA: On the slow side, but meaningful. "In My Life," The Beatles:

• What songs do they like? I would ask them if there is something they would like to dance to. 
    OurWildKingdom
  • SP29SP29 member
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    Ask them if there is a song they'd like to dance to.

Is there a song that used to play on the radio all the time when you were at their house as a child?
    OurWildKingdom
  • donethatdonethat member
    Knottie Warrior 500 Comments 100 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2016
    Hi @knottie1453324788                                                           Asking grandpa for a special song or artist is a great idea, as is having the special dance as part of the general dance selections - with you all kicking it off!  

Here are some ideas to suggest and consider :-)

May You Always (pretty slow - but grandpa can probably do a nice foxtrot)

Young at Heart (fairly slow ....but nice beat)

The Way You Look Tonight (nice versions by Frank Sinatra, and about anyone else - you can find a version you love with the right tempo!)

You're Nobody 'Till Somebody Loves You 

OurWildKingdomSP29
  • Little Bitty Pretty One - Frankie Lymon 

There are many other versions, too, but I like this one because it's upbeat but sweet. Relevant lyrics include "watching you grow" and "sit on my knee," which sound grandfatherly to me.

"Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse
    SP29
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards