Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Looking for Groomsmen Ties

Hi everyone! My fiancée and I have been looking for ties to give to our groomsmen as gifts but we can't find one we're happy with. We really like the tie bar, but can't find any ties that match the bridesmaid dresses! Does anyone have any suggestions of tie places with a big selection? We want to spend around $20-$35 per tie.

Thank you!

Re: Looking for Groomsmen Ties

• Options

Hmm. I was going to suggest Tie Bar. What color are you looking for? It doesn't need to match perfectly, it could be  a simple pattern that includes the color or a coordinating color. My GM wore red ties, but the BMs wore a blue dress with red necklaces.

p.s. Please do not make these ties their GM gifts. These ties are for you, for your look and photos, not for them. Gifts are something they want, not something you want them to have which benefits you.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    We're looking for red/burgundy ties, but we ordered some from the Tie Bar and they don't match the color at all! We've looked at some patterns, but my fiancée prefers simple ties.

And the ties are one of many gifts they are getting, including a bottle of Cuban rum and a Cuban cigar and a few small things. They're spoiled. I'm not worried about them feeling slighted about their gifts :smile:
  • Options
    Try JC Penny. Also, these are not their gifts.
  • Options

Have you tried department stores in your area?

As long as you have proper thank you gifts (like you mentioned) you are fine, but don't include this as part of the gift. It is a 'mandatory' piece of the outfit.

• Options
    Thanks everyone for your help. I will say, as a side note, that I do think of the tie as a gift, even though they are also getting other gifts. We have gone out of our way to make sure that the BM and GM attire is something that everyone will like and look good in. The girls are all getting matching Kate Spade necklaces which they are all wearing at the wedding, but I also consider it a nice gift that they can wear again.

Both me and my fiancée still wear things from weddings we've been in (dresses, ties, jewelry) and I always have thought of it as a gift, not a "mandatory" piece. Maybe it's just me, but if all I got for being in a wedding was a tie or some other wedding accessory, I would still be ecstatic!
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2016
    Thanks everyone for your help. I will say, as a side note, that I do think of the tie as a gift, even though they are also getting other gifts. We have gone out of our way to make sure that the BM and GM attire is something that everyone will like and look good in. The girls are all getting matching Kate Spade necklaces which they are all wearing at the wedding, but I also consider it a nice gift that they can wear again.

Both me and my fiancée still wear things from weddings we've been in (dresses, ties, jewelry) and I always have thought of it as a gift, not a "mandatory" piece. Maybe it's just me, but if all I got for being in a wedding was a tie or some other wedding accessory, I would still be ecstatic!
    Providing someone something that you require to be worn at your wedding is not a gift in the sense that you are giving them a gift to thank them for participating in your wedding.  You must give them something that is not required for your wedding.  THAT is their gift.
    It doesn't matter what YOU think.  This is standard etiquette.
    If you require certain shoes - you pay for them.  If your require certain ties - you pay for them.  If you require certain jewelry - you pay for it.  These are not their thank you gifts.
    My daughter gave her bridesmaids necklaces as their gift.  Two wore them in the wedding, but one preferred not to wear hers.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    We got my husband and his best man's stuff at JC Penney, they had a huge selection.  Men's Wearhouse does as well, but they might be a bit pricier than $25-30?  They have sales all the time though.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options

Men's Warehouse has a link with David's - you could purchase the ties from there if your BM dresses came from David's in a matching color. 

OR - choose a complimentary color and run to JC Penny, Kohl's, Sears, or even Walmart for that matter.  The chances of finding an exact match is minimal at best.  Find something you can "live with" and move on to the next detail...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards