Wedding Invitations & Paper

Two ceremonies & one reception wedding invitation wording

msmari_17msmari_17 member
5 Love Its First Comment
edited September 2016 in Wedding Invitations & Paper
I'm pretty sure this has been discussed here but how would one go about putting information on 2 ceremonies and 1 reception in one day on the wedding invitation?

I am hispanic and my fiance is Cambodian and we plan to have a short Cambodian morning ceremony first. My non-religious American ceremony will take place in the evening followed by cocktail hour and reception.

Everyone is invited to both. How do I go about wording and figuring out whos coming to what. 

Thanks!

Re: Two ceremonies & one reception wedding invitation wording

• edited September 2016
    msmari_17 said:
    I'm pretty sure this has been discussed here but how would one go about putting information on 2 ceremonies and 1 reception in one day on the wedding invitation?

I am hispanic and my fiance is Cambodian and we plan to have a short Cambodian morning ceremony first. My non-religious American ceremony will take place in the evening followed by cocktail hour and reception.

Everyone is invited to both. How do I go about wording and figuring out whos coming to what. 

Thanks!
    Umm what about something along the lines of:

"The honour of your presence is requested at the wedding of 
    ms Mari & mr mari

The first of January, two thousand seventeen

Cambodian ceremony will take place at xyz venue at ten o'clock in the morning 

Lutheran ceremony will take place at abc venue at six o'clock in the evening 

Reception to follow the Lutheran ceremony. "

*obviously change the details to whatever is accurate and the initial wording so that it properly shows who is hosting. This is assuming the couple is hosting. But it's a starting point. I'm assuming @CMGragain will have a better response. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2016
    Is the Cambodian ceremony religious?  If so, what religion?  Are the two ceremonies being held in the same place?  Who is hosting which ceremony?  Why not combine the two ceremonies, and have one, followed by the other?  Non-religious western marriage ceremonies only take a few minutes.  Are you wearing the same clothes at both ceremonies?
    Without this information, I cannot help.

http://cambodiangecko.com/cambodian-wedding-traditions/

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • @msmari_17, we are waiting for more information.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    @msmari_17, we are waiting for more information.
    Don't hold your breath on that. 
  • I hate people who post and run.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    I hate people who post and run.
    I think this is more of a "post and ghost" situation.  OP was active this morning.

• Too bad.  It was an interesting question.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Don't be a hater... I am still here. I don't get notification if anyone responds to my question. I'm new to this site...

Thank you everyone for the suggestions :) 

The Cambodian ceremony is pretty long - we have decided to just do some of the rituals in the morning like the blessing from monks (Buddhist) and food offering, etc. It will be held at my mother-in-law's house. She is hosting that event. 

We are not set on time yet and would consider moving it to just before the American ceremony which will begin at 6:30 pm. 

My American ceremony will not be religious. Just an officiant marrying us. That will be held close to my mother-in-law's house at a venue. My immediate family are non-practicing Catholics and the others are different types of Christian. I don't practice any religion but thought it would be nice to do the Cambodian ceremony since my fiance family does practice Buddhism. The attire will be different. It would be traditional clothing and for the evening I would wear my ivory wedding gown. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2016
    Since it sounds like both ceremonies will be held at your mother-in-law's house and everyone is invited to both ceremonies, why not hold them one after the other at her house in the evening and eliminate the gap?
  • Well the 2nd ceremony is close to my mother-in-law's house. Maybe like 15 min away. I'm having my hair redone and toning down my make up for that so I would need time. Other issues are: Someone needs to drive the monks back and that's pretty far. I wouldn't want that person to miss the wedding. 

I guess I am just re-thinking the timeline here now. 

Thanks everyone!
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2016
    You need two separate invitations that can be mailed together in the same envelope:

Mrs. Cambodian MIL
    requests the pleasure of your company
    at the marriage of
    Ms. Mari Seventeen
    to her son
    John James
    Day, date
    at two o'clock
    Address
    City, State

The pleasure of your company is requested
    at the marriage of
    Ms. Mari Seventeen
    and
    Mr. John James Lastname
    Day, date
    at four o'clock
    Venue
    Address
    City, State

Reception to follow

If you move the Buddhist ceremony up, you only need one invitation, and that would be the second one if they can be at the same location.  If you do use two invitations, I would put in a note,
    "The first ceremony will be a traditional Cambodian wedding ceremony."  You could have this printed on a simple business card.  Vistaprint does it cheaply, or you could print them yourselves.
    I'm glad you finally came back!  We will be glad to help you plan this.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Thanks for the update!

I still think the best option would be to have the events back to back.  Could you have the religious ceremony, then a cocktail hour at your venue while you change and re-do makeup, then the American ceremony, and straight into the reception?  Maybe put the monks in a cab so nobody has to take the time to drive them?
    Great idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards