Chit Chat

On which hill did you die?

2»

Re: On which hill did you die?

• Not getting a traditional cake or doing the cake cutting.

We are 3 months out but for months early on, FMIL could just not understand why we weren't doing this.  She offered to pay for the cake, and FI had to say, we are getting cake bites, not a traditional cake, and are happy to pay for it ourselves since it is not what you want.

She eventually came around, and ended up still paying for them, but not without questioning our choice of bakery, trying to talk us into a mini cake just for us and bites for everyone else, and telling everyone she doesn't know what we're going to do in that time.  Umm, dance?
  • My mom couldn't understand why we weren't doing a bouquet or garter toss. Uhm because they're awkward and we don't want to? How's that?

• Announcing specific dances other than ours. H and his mum ended up having a dance together later on, but it wasn't the mother-son-dance.

Also people who were inviting. Since MIL and stepFIL were paying, they got a say in who was invited. I made sure H had met these people before sending the invite. I would die on the hill of "we're not inviting people neither of us have met"
  • Garter toss was never a thought for me.  I didn't buy a bouquet to toss either. Granted, I"m having a small wedding but there's like 8 or 9 single ladies who could participate.  I know a few of my friends who wouldn't want to be apart of it though.  I was single at my brother's wedding and hid outside of the room so no one would "out me" and pull me up into the group.  Yeah, it just so happens I had a 20 minute bathroom break while you did the bouquet and garter toss.

• H and I paid for our wedding and we were on the same page, but we had huge, almost irreparable issues with his mom regarding the guest list. We wanted 50 people max at the wedding. MIL has ten siblings, all of which are married and only one I'd met or H had seen in the seven years we'd been together. She did not handle it well that we were not inviting them.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • H and I paid for our wedding and we were on the same page, but we had huge, almost irreparable issues with his mom regarding the guest list. We wanted 50 people max at the wedding. MIL has ten siblings, all of which are married and only one I'd met or H had seen in the seven years we'd been together. She did not handle it well that we were not inviting them.
    I hear of people who have super large families and I am SO thankful both of us have smaller families.  My Dad's side is pretty large, but half the brothers don't talk to each other and they're all in Canada so not being invited is pretty much expected.  I just never pictured a large wedding for me.  Actually, come to think of it, I never even pictures A wedding for me and here I am.....

• emmaaa said:
    My mom couldn't understand why we weren't doing a bouquet or garter toss. Uhm because they're awkward and we don't want to? How's that?
    FSIL advised me not to mention to FMIL that we aren't doing those either because it might be an issue. I haven't, no issue. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards