New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Under $4,000 rustic venue

edited September 2016 in New York-Hudson Valley
Okay ladies, I am newly engaged, but since we want to have our wedding next fall. We (and by we, I mean I) have been looking for venues. Everything is absurdly expensive. And while I want a beautiful wedding, I don't have the conscience to spend thousands of dollars for this, when it could go towards purchasing a house.

I've always wanted a rustic wedding, and a Barn or other unique setting like that would be greatly appreciated.

If you know price range, please include!

hudson valley/surrounding areas please :)

Re: Under $4,000 rustic venue

• Options
    Congrats on your engagement!  My fiance and I had the same conundrum when searching for venue (we ended up finding a place owned by a friend of a friend who doesn't typically host weddings...)

I'm not sure what counties in particular you're looking at (we looked in Ulster/Dutchess/Columbia), but there were a few places that seemed more reasonable than others.  

University Settlement in Beacon (venue cost $2,700 in 2016; we had issues getting responses from the contact, but didn't pursue it much because we found our venue shortly after): http://www.cityofbeacon.org/Government/parksrecreation.htm

I'd also check out Historic Catskill Point Park (venue cost $2,500 in 2016, has two different building options and a dock overlooking the river for ceremonies; more historic than rustic):  
    http://www.greatnortherncatskills.com/events/historic-catskill-point

You could also check out the Ashokan Center up near Woodstock -- they recently restructured some of their pricing and I think their venue fee is closer to $6,000 but it includes almost everything and their catering prices are lower than usual catering companies, so in the end the cost may be cheaper once everything is combined.  

Good luck!  (And sorry for the late reply -- I'm not on here too much.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards